Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Company Convention 2012 Accommodation

Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:12 am

Anyone recommend a hotel? :D

Company Convention 2012

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Katkit; There's a Travelodge on the Parade or the Episode, which aren't bad, book now!!

Re: Company Convention 2012

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh it looks like I've already booked my accomodation :lol:

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Hotel Booked - The Landownes Hotel Leamington Spa telephone number 01926 450505 - £74 per night for double room : )
Do we know when tickets for the shows will be on sale : )

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:49 pm

katkit wrote:Anyone recommend a hotel? :D

Hi Me and the mrs used the landowns Hotel at the last Leamington convention and can reccommend it though it's been a couple of years since we were last there telephone number is 01926 450505 :D

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:51 pm

I would advise people not to book anything yet, at least until tickets go on sale as anything can change and better safe than sorry. Usually the rule of thumb is don't buy until it's on the website, still it's up to each individual when you book I'm just repeating usual advice :-)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 pm

jester1470 wrote:I would advise people not to book anything yet, at least until tickets go on sale as anything can change and better safe than sorry. :-)

On the other hand, Lemmers does seem to have a bit of a problem with accommodation, and can be booked up months in advance. For example, I am going down there in May to see Pendragon at the Assembly (who would be a fantastic support act for the saturday night again!!) and many hotels are already fully booked!

If you book on a precautionary basis you can always cancel if there is a venue or date change.

Warwick is just a few miles up the road and has a lot more accommodation.

This is brilliant news!! The last convention in 2009 was legendary and was my first. Anyone who has not been to one before, I would strongly recommend it. The main advantage of a convention over a single gig is that there is so much more time to chill and hang out with fellow Fish fans. There will also be opportunities to chat to the band as they will (I assume) be staying in the town with us.

If a similar format to last time is used, there will be fun and games such as treasure hunts (please!), quizzes, raffles and smaller groups of mates meeting up for food and drink and chat. Almost everywhere you look in Lemmers you will see people wearing Fish T shirts!! 8-)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:12 pm

Usually I might agree, but given that, as stated, there have been issues with payments from the venue to Marillion, and other bands, and the implication given by Marillion was that people booking for gigs in the future should be careful, though it does appear that the thread which mentioned that has gone from the MOLF. Though if you're on the MOLF the original post which led to the thread is here:

http://www.marillion.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9&start=15

This might just be a big mix up but best to be aware :)

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:19 pm

katkit wrote:Anyone recommend a hotel? :D

There are a number of recommendations in this thread (and a number of others like it from the same time).

viewtopic.php?p=26226&thanks=26226&to_id=952#p26226

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 pm

jester1470 wrote:I would advise people not to book anything yet, at least until tickets go on sale as anything can change and better safe than sorry. Usually the rule of thumb is don't buy until it's on the website, still it's up to each individual when you book I'm just repeating usual advice :-)

If people are booking ensure you understand completely the cancellation fees of your hotel/agent..

Most should be full refundable ( except budget hotels booked prepaid) ..

We've booked ours, and in fact changed our hotel from the one we used last time and were goign to use in May for Pendragon at the Assembly , as we were offered a better deal..

I understand from an independent source, on Marilion's plight with the Assembly, "its a game of two halves" - but thats not the topic for discussion here...

Oh and Hobbit fans.... we've booked for Rich too... ;)
Next

Full Version