Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Convention support acts

Wed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Not sure if this has been confirmed by Fish yet, but spotted on the It Bites website that they are playing a support slot on the saturday evening!!!

RESULT!!!!! :-D 8-) :'( :ok: :yes2: :clapping: :dance3: :thumb up:

Re: Convention support acts

Wed May 23, 2012 1:08 pm

There were papers handed over to us fans at the last two gigs.

One day it will be It Bites and the other day The reasoning.

Also he plans to play "rarities"

Wed May 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Well I'll miss the sunday evening gig and I am not a big fan of The Reasoning - so I'm happy! :D

Wed May 23, 2012 1:40 pm

It Bites and The Reasoning. Not a bad chunk.

Surprised that Fish on Percussion isn't doing support... :lol:

Thu May 24, 2012 7:47 am

Confirmed by Fish...

I am a fan of The Reasoning. ;-) .. and wont be missing Sunday night.. but might be happy to miss Grendel.. and may It Bites, whom I quite like and give the occassional listen to every 4 years or so :D

Thu May 24, 2012 7:50 am

The new It Bites album is very good apparently... (I just ordered it yesterday!).

Thu May 24, 2012 9:03 am

Be assured the last two It Bites albums have been outstanding.

'Tall Ships' and 'Map of the Past' (the cover of the latter sold it to me :-) )

I'm overjoyed they are supporting as I have been unable to get to their current tour.
-
I've cooled on The Reasoning since departure of Dylan/Maria etc but I'm more than open to being re-enthused.

Thu May 24, 2012 9:22 am

Moston wrote:Be assured the last two It Bites albums have been outstanding.

'Tall Ships' and 'Map of the Past' (the cover of the latter sold it to me :-) )

I'm overjoyed they are supporting as I have been unable to get to their current tour.
-
I've cooled on The Reasoning since departure of Dylan/Maria etc but I'm more than open to being re-enthused.

Been a while since I saw It bites, and enjoyed Tall Ships, but its not on my regular play list. "Map of the past" is a lovely album, but its nto really my style.... :( but looking forward to seeing them at Lemmers. but looking forward to Fish even more....

The Reasoning now have a new guitarist Keith Hawkins. The wonderful Owain Roberts remains missing... :(

The recent gig in Campden with Mr So and So's Dave foster on guitar , (stand in), was phenomenal.. Tony Turrell adding a new dimension on keys and vocals... which in the beginning I was not impressed by, when Acoustically Speaking came out... I thought the keys deflected the music too much...

Certainly I lamented Dylan leaving the Reasoning, and miss the lovely Maria and her astounding voice, but the trimmer, 5 piece sound is every bit as full on as the former 6/7/8 piece variations of the band, with TT's sound much more in the mix and with a far rockier sound..

New Album "Adventures in Neverland" currently being recorded, and sounding very very interesting.... :)

Thu May 24, 2012 10:51 am

Moved this to the convention forum.

Thu May 24, 2012 11:24 am

JohnSReid wrote:Moved this to the convention forum.

Good call John. I should have put it there in the first place! :oops:
Next

Full Version