Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Friday Night

Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:50 am

Hi All,

Not sure if anything formal will be planned for the Friday night, so in the event that it isn't lets discuss Plan B.
After having spent a number of hours thinking about it, I came to the considered opinion that all we need is a pub ( :-/) that plays decent music with a decent smoking area.

Having not been before has anyone got any suggestions for such a venue?

Laters

Re: Friday Night

Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:41 am

Bear in mind that it's a friday night, so most pubs will be pretty full of locals anyway. It might not be possible to get all the visiting FishHeads into one venue without having booked it first...

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:49 am

Hello,

I remember for instance the pub Jug Jester not far from the Assembly, on the corner near the church, same pavement than The Assembly.
May be we could ask there, and say we arrive in number ?
I don't know how it works in UK in such places ? Can we ask them to keep us place ?

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Little Starfish wrote:I don't know how it works in UK in such places ? Can we ask them to keep us place ?

Not really. You might be able to book a room, but friday is the busiest night for most bars in the UK and it would mean them turning away local custom of they kept space for us... Last time the Sausage (a pub by the way!) was booked out for us. It was only barely big enough! :shock:

I think if enough of us have each other's mobile phone numbers we will be able to co-ordinate something on the actual friday night if nothing "official" is arranged by Fish. There are plenty of bars in Leamington Spa! 8-)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 pm

I wouldwait and see just in case Fish has something in mind like the casual get together on the Friday Night last time at the Sizzling Sausage.

Its goign to be October, so not as warm as the last convention, so a bigger venue like the J&J might be in order, but they probably wont "book out" on a Friday night for a "private party"..

so it might just come down to an accidental pre-arranged gathering...

but I'd wait a bit before diving in and making plans just yet

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you, a bit more light for me, as here we can make such "reservations" !

We have enough time in front of us !
:P

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:23 pm

docbob wrote:I wouldwait and see just in case Fish has something in mind... but I'd wait a bit before diving in and making plans just yet

Yeah, Still five months to go!! 8-)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Conan wrote:Yeah, Still five months to go!! 8-)

And it isn't sorted YET!?!?!?!?!? What are you guys playing at!!!!????

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Little Starfish wrote:Thank you, a bit more light for me, as here we can make such "reservations" !

We can do it here too - but friday nights are often a problem in a public bar, unless it is usually quiet, which is unusual for a town centre bar! As Bob says though, the last convention was in August and this one is late October. A beer garden or courtyard like the Sausage would be a wee bit nippy for you guys used to warmer climes! :D No problem for us Northerners of course. :twisted:

Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 pm

JohnSReid wrote:
Conan wrote:Yeah, Still five months to go!! 8-)

And it isn't sorted YET!?!?!?!?!? What are you guys playing at!!!!????

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

we're waiting on the new Fishheads.com website before we do anything.... :-)
Next

Full Version