Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Newbie alert!!

Not been to a Fishy convention (or any convention for that matter :oops: ) so just wondering what the 'programme of events' / timetable might be like?

I'm heading across on the Saturday - should I plan to get there early doors or is it likely to be the afternoon before stuff starts to roll? I'm assuming that we're gonna be treated to a couple of Fish shows (one acoustic / 1 electric?) each with its own co-headliner (sorry, Glenn - I mean support act!)? I gather that the Grendal is due to make an appearance (face paint anyone?) and that the new album should get an airing too (exciting times!)? Q & A session with the big man? And I wouldn't say no to a guitar lesson with Frank either if that's on offer! ;)

Really looking forward to immersing myself in the whole weekend experience.

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Pretty much bang on - except that there will be 2 electric shows and an afternoon acoustic session.

Fish has said that he's planning on getting Will Smith (the other one) to have a role, maybe a quiz, the 'Grumpy Old Musicians' segment, a screening of Electric Man and a Q&A with the director & writer, plus other fun stuff!

Frankly, I have no idea how it can all fit into a weekend :)
Thanked: 1

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:15 pm

JohnSReid wrote:Pretty much bang on - except that there will be 2 electric shows and an afternoon acoustic session.




Blimey - 3 Fish gigs over 2 days, that's what I call VFM! *

:D :D



* Valuable Fishy Music!
Thanked: 1

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:48 am

GoldfishOrClown wrote:
JohnSReid wrote:Pretty much bang on - except that there will be 2 electric shows and an afternoon acoustic session.




Blimey - 3 Fish gigs over 2 days, that's what I call VFM! *

:D :D



* Valuable Fishy Music!


Frankly we don't know how he can do it for the price.......! :)

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 pm

I presume that the other 2F's will also be around to have a natter with as well? I'm still hoping for a guitar lesson from Frank! 8-)

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:26 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:I presume that the other 2F's will also be around to have a natter with as well? I'm still hoping for a guitar lesson from Frank! 8-)


Wait till you se his charges.... :lol:

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:30 am

One can but dream! ;)

Or maybe the offer of a chilled Sauv Blanc would do the trick? 8-)

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi gang, does anyone "in the know" have any kind of programme of events to share with us? In particular, I'm wondering if I should go for the early check-in at the travelodge on the saturday to make sure i don't miss some early action? Or will there be a a pause in the festivities mid afternoon sometime? I don't want to miss out on the fun!!

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:28 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:Hi gang, does anyone "in the know" have any kind of programme of events to share with us? In particular, I'm wondering if I should go for the early check-in at the travelodge on the saturday to make sure i don't miss some early action? Or will there be a a pause in the festivities mid afternoon sometime? I don't want to miss out on the fun!!


We're all going down the Ricoh for the afternoon for Notts against Cov :)

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 pm

They couldn't pay me enough to go to the Ricoh :mrgreen:
Next

Full Version