Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: So, what happens at these here conventions then?

Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:22 pm

How late is the Sunday night liable to finish?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:53 pm

torch_light wrote:How late is the Sunday night liable to finish?

When the bar dry's up! ;)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Lady41 wrote:
JohnSReid wrote:Hi guys,

Just to let you all know that Fish has been in conversation with Yatta we now have an itinerary and I'll be posting it online later today.

Let's rock and roll this!

Is the link that Sandy posted the official itinerary or is there a proper programme thingy? (just asking cos I need to sort out where I'll be where and stuff) ... yanno ;)

Try this....... http://fishconvention.com/events/

Woo Hoo! :D

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:59 pm

mwelljester wrote:
torch_light wrote:How late is the Sunday night liable to finish?

When the bar dry's up! ;)

Cripes :shock:

*Is glad he booked the Sunday night B&B too* :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Ahhh! So THAT'S what happens at Fish Conventions!! 8-)

A fantastic weekend, I thoroughly enjoyed it all despite 'going solo' due to not wanting to intrude on anyone's space / time. I loved the 4 Fish sets and thought that The Reasoning were well worth further investigation. Fish's voice was excellent throughout (come a long way since the start of the Fishheads Tour here in Lincoln) and I'm really looking forward to the new album which should be cracking if the previewed songs are anything to go by. As one of the "25" who had seen Grendal previously I was very impressed with the 2012 version which I felt stayed true to the spirit and feel of the song. And I am glad he didn't pull me out of the crowd to 'slash with his claws'!! :D

I thought that the sound quality was superb across the whole weekend, hats off to TFC et al, and the light show was pretty good too. The song choice was good for me (no "Goldfish" notwithstanding!) and I was made up to hear Script, He knows and Assassing again (not forgetting the Big G of course!). Great to hear some songs I'd not seen played live before - fair play to the Big Man for mixing it up!

Enjoyed Electric Man (although the bloopers section did make me wonder if Fish had actually read the script before shooting started!!) and hope it is enough of a success to give the guys the resources to carry on in the business. The Q & A afterwards was very interesting and entertaining too.

The only minor gripes - a lack of food outlets within the venue which left me a little peckish on the saturday afternoon as I hadn't come prepared and I would have preferred more of the Q and A type sessions rather than the 'quiz' based bits. Oh, and if I'm being really picky - don't let the children in on the saturday night at the expense of more Fish music!!

All in all - a bloody good show and well worth the cost (VFM* for sure!).

Oh, and an amusing postscript - conversation overhead in weatherspoons during breakfast on the monday morning as several fellow conventioneers left:

"Those people, they weren't from round here - they were here for a concert at the Assembly Rooms - I don't know who by but they were all middle-aged so it must have been a band from the 60's"!!! :shock: :lol:

Till the next time...................................slainte!

* Valuable Fishy Music

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 pm

lol, great post! :lol:

We just wandered around until we found some eateries - there's loads around if you've time to amble around, which we did - we had a walk down fairly early Saturday morning to see what was what.

Never necessary to be 'solo' at these affairs, though. I'm really shy and always take someone with me, but think I'd now feel a bit more comfortable about going on my own if I really had to as I've met some great people and now you're on the forum, too so you'll not be on your own next time, that's for sure :D

Welcome! :)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:33 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:Ahhh! So THAT'S what happens at Fish Conventions!! 8-)

I thought that the sound quality was superb across the whole weekend, hats off to TFC et al, and the light show was pretty good too. The song choice was good for me (no "Goldfish" notwithstanding!)

I have never seen Goldiefish song or Sunsets on Empires either. :(

But thinking about the back catalogue there are only 195 others that I have not heard either so......................

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:45 pm

torch_light wrote:
I have never seen Goldiefish song or Sunsets on Empires either. :(

But thinking about the back catalogue there are only 195 others that I have not heard either so......................

And that's the only downside to the big man doing a new album - even more songs to squeeze in to a convention weekend!!!

I wonder how long it would take if he did play all his songs..................................and would any of us survive the emotional turmoil!! :? :?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Oh, and I forgot to add -

Frank Usher = Rock God? Discuss! What an awesome guitarist (makes it look so easy the b**tard!)

Mickey Simmonds = worth the admission price alone for the comedy value! :lol:

And wasn't it absolutely fantastic to see the Fish smile so much?

Isn't it curious how seeing someone else enjoy themselves makes you enjoy the experience even more yourself? (sorry, got a bit philosophical / Zen there!) :)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 pm

GoldfishOrClown wrote:
Isn't it curious how seeing someone else enjoy themselves makes you enjoy the experience even more yourself? (sorry, got a bit philosophical / Zen there!) :)

It is all about mutual satisfaction and gaining from others enjoyment to intensify what you throw out.

A bit like a curve. :lol: :lol:
Next

Full Version