Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm

my first thought when i read "rarities" was also Grendel, alas, i think it might be a bit of a strain on the big mans voice, not to mention i think the whole audience would collapse in shock in unison if it did lmao

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:48 pm

tartanarmy wrote:I think the whole audience would collapse in shock in unison

Well be prepared for a mass shock - Fish has already confirmed that he'll be performing Grendel as a special 'one-off' this year.

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:39 pm

tartanarmy wrote:my first thought when i read "rarities" was also Grendel, alas, i think it might be a bit of a strain on the big mans voice, not to mention i think the whole audience would collapse in shock in unison if it did lmao

I think you might underestimate the big man's voice ;) . I know I did :oops: . He's worked hard to get it back to full strength and Edinburgh in December proved his hard work has paid its dues. He can swing this, I know he can. And he will, just you wait and see :) Not only are you in for a shock, but you're also in for a treat!

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Lady41 wrote:
tartanarmy wrote:my first thought when i read "rarities" was also Grendel, alas, i think it might be a bit of a strain on the big mans voice, not to mention i think the whole audience would collapse in shock in unison if it did lmao

I think you might underestimate the big man's voice ;) . I know I did :oops: . He's worked hard to get it back to full strength and Edinburgh in December proved his hard work has paid its dues. He can swing this, I know he can. And he will, just you wait and see :) Not only are you in for a shock, but you're also in for a treat!

I agree Sharon. - His voice is sounding better and clearer than it has done for quite a few years. It was great to find this out at recent gigs. Quite surprising actually! :D

Anyway, I think that Grendel will be quite heavily reworked around his current lower register. Still Grendel, but a bit different! ;)

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:12 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Anyway, I think that Grendel will be quite heavily reworked around his current lower register. Still Grendel, but a bit different! ;)

I've never actually been a fan of Grendel, although I appreciate why lots of people are. That said, I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing how he's going to approach and do this ... like you, Paul, I think it will be reworked around his voice as it is now and will no doubt be superb. Having never seen him perform live until this last year, when I've seen him several times, he's never failed to impress me. This will undoubtedly be no exception :)

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
I agree Sharon. - His voice is sounding better and clearer than it has done for quite a few years. It was great to find this out at recent gigs. Quite surprising actually! :D

Anyway, I think that Grendel will be quite heavily reworked around his current lower register. Still Grendel, but a bit different! ;)

Wonder if he will be donning the old mask( if he still has it) and then slashing some fortunate person to bits as he did at the hammersmith odeon back in 83' like on the dvd/video ep.

just love grendel think its a "masterpiece", and to get a chance to hear it live is unbelievable :D :D :D even if it is slightly different, it doesn't matter, listening to the bigman sing live anywhere i can is a privilage and an honour! :D :D :D

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 pm

mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

Wonder if he will be donning the old mask( if he still has it) and then slashing some fortunate person to bits as he did at the hammersmith odeon back in 83' like on the dvd/video ep.

just love grendel think its a "masterpiece", and to get a chance to hear it live is unbelievable :D :D :D even if it is slightly different, it doesn't matter, listening to the bigman sing live anywhere i can is a privilage and an honour! :D :D :D

He has it, re-acquired at Leamington 2008, where for a donation to charity, you could have your photo wearing it....

Last spotted, march 2012' in the Studio, resting on a shelf.

Grendel lives again....

Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:47 pm

docbob wrote:
mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

He has it, re-acquired at Leamington 2008, where for a donation to charity, you could have your photo wearing it....

Last spotted, march 2012' in the Studio, resting on a shelf.

Yessss! thats great news doc! thanks! if i can get a photo of myself and fish holding the mask i don't mind making a donation to charity, think that would make a great idea for lemmers, and all money raised would maybe go to JIM B blind dog charity or something..... :)

Grendel lives again....

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 pm

Fish wrote:...
I have also decided to put together an arrangement of "Grendel" for a one off performance :-)).

I'm really looking forward to this performance :D :D :D :D !

Grendel lives again....

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:10 pm

ulrichs wrote:
Fish wrote:...
I have also decided to put together an arrangement of "Grendel" for a one off performance :-)).

I'm really looking forward to this performance :D :D :D :D !

Me too ulli this is like a once(well twice) in a lifetime opertunity to hear a Masterpiece. Cant wait........ :D :D :D :'( :'(
Next

Full Version