Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Grendel lives again....

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:51 pm

It was spot on, heavy and given the respect it deserved. Overall I thought the set was really tight.Highlights Assassing and the new High Wood track. I guess another Marillion era track would have been cool.

But there is always tomorrow.
:-)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:09 am

torch_light wrote:It was spot on, heavy and given the respect it deserved. Overall I thought the set was really tight.Highlights Assassing and the new High Wood track. I guess another Marillion era track would have been cool.

But there is always tomorrow.
:-)

Kick-ass is the word! Awesome version of Grendel,.......and I didn't even notice the missing high notes! :D

Loved Crucifix Corner. Great Celtic vibe to it, I thought. Can't wait to hear the full track! ;) :D

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:19 am

As I listened to the 'As Grendel leaves ....' section I realised what Fish was on about when he was talking about Dire Straits influences....

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 am

Grendel was great. And Paul, you are right, I never missed the high notes!

Crucifix Corner was very good. And it is only one part of High Wood. We can looking forward to a new epic thing by our poet and his musicians!

All loved up was good too, very rocking!

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 am

ulrichs wrote:
Crucifix Corner was very good. And it is only one part of High Wood. We can looking forward to a new epic thing by our poet and his musicians!

'Crucifix Corner' very impressive and the break /build in the middle of 'All Loved Up' was great 'fun'. Before 'Loved Up' my wife had said Fish hadn't sworn as much as usual so far ;)

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 am

ulrichs wrote:Grendel was great. And Paul, you are right, I never missed the high notes!

Wasn't quite as keen on All Loved Up, though way too early to pass verdict. - Nothing against the more straightforward rockers though. Just didn't quite catch me in the same way Crucifix Corner did. Think that one, assuming the rest of the piece is of the same quality, is a Fish classic in the making.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:09 am

Lady41 wrote:Well, I have to say that, although I had reservations, he absolutely nailed it! They all did. Superb performance :-)

Yep,got to agree. It was stunning.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:34 am

Grendel was,both nights what it was for better or worse.how i see it at least in another 30 years time i can be one of those who said yup i was there that weekend when he did it proud both times.i was talking about it after with arcmanquin and i didnt think that he will play it again now in a if you werent there you have missed it kinda way.arcdmnqun thought it might get played again at another convention!thoughts anyone?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:44 am

torch_light wrote:Grendel was,both nights what it was for better or worse.how i see it at least in another 30 years time i can be one of those who said yup i was there that weekend when he did it proud both times.i was talking about it after with arcmanquin and i didnt think that he will play it again now in a if you werent there you have missed it kinda way.arcdmnqun thought it might get played again at another convention!thoughts anyone?

More hoping than thinking Rob! ;) :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:53 am

torch_light wrote:Grendel was,both nights what it was for better or worse.how i see it at least in another 30 years time i can be one of those who said yup i was there that weekend when he did it proud both times.i was talking about it after with arcmanquin and i didnt think that he will play it again now in a if you werent there you have missed it kinda way.arcdmnqun thought it might get played again at another convention!thoughts anyone?

It's not as if he's short of other great material... 8-) :D
Next

Full Version