Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

The Fish Game

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 am

What-ho chaps.

I just wanted to let you know that it seems that we're pressing ahead with a Fish-related fan game for the weekend.

Most of the work is done in preparation for it so here's what you need to know right now:

It will be likely be held over a 24 hour period.
Fans can create teams of up to 4.
You will need some kind internet access - a recent smartphone would do. Otherwise think laptops with wifi or a 3G dongle and a digital camera.
Hopefully we'll be able to get the game set up before the end of the month so that your teams can be set up.
And there will (hopefully) be official Fish prizes!

Although I've already hinted at it on Facebook, I wanted to announce here that this is now 95% likely to go ahead :)

So if are going to the Fish Convention this year - having a team ready will definitely be an advantage!

I'm looking forward to everyone having fun with this and can't wait to see the responses on the weekend!

Re: The Fish Game

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Sounds like fun, I have always enjoyed games. Too bad I won't be there.
In any case, I would probably be the weakest team member, since I do not know all things Fish. :oops:

Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Marina wrote:Sounds like fun, I have always enjoyed games. Too bad I won't be there.
In any case, I would probably be the weakest team member, since I do not know all things Fish. :oops:

Just to be clear, this is not an 'Ultimate Fan' contest. Inhuman knowledge of Fish trivia will not reward you with much of an advantage.:) Being able to think outside of the box (or the fish tank) will probably help more.

I'm sorry that we won't get to see you there Marina, but hopefully you can make the next one!

For those that are attending, this is probably the best place to'buddy up'.

Oh, and asking me to be on your team is definitely cheating :)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:49 am

As I don't possess a "Smart phone" and I'm certainly not carting a laptop around for the weekend - I will have to miss out on this one. :o :cry:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 am

Conan wrote:As I don't possess a "Smart phone" and I'm certainly not carting a laptop around for the weekend - I will have to miss out on this one. :o :cry:

Mee too! :cry:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:38 am

Sounds fun........but for luddite me depends how much tech knowledge is required.......

Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 am

Better get down to my local fish monger to swot up :)

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

Does only one of the team of 4 have to have a smart phone or laptop which might make it easier, I maybe up for it, if someone don't mind carry me, as not so good with knowledge games but will give it my best shot !

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:15 am

Only one member of the team needs Internet access, so you can share the work.

A good amount of thought has been put in by the think tank to make it fair on visitors to the UK (who may not have a mobile data connection anyway), and those that might not have the necessary gadgets.

Odds are, you can put a team together with at least ONE person who can do the 'technical' side of it.

And it is designed to be as simple to play as possible. No in-depth technical knowledge will be required.

When we make the announcement and how it's going to work all will become clear. But keep the questions coming, as it's useful to know what folk are going to ask.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:23 am

Conan wrote:As I don't possess a "Smart phone" and I'm certainly not carting a laptop around for the weekend - I will have to miss out on this one. :o :cry:

You can always join helen and myself sir by all means but im sure you will get lots of offers :lol:
Next

Full Version