Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

How are you getting to the convention?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:14 pm

Well for me I am currently on an oil rig off the coast of Nigeria, praying that my relief gets his flights from the USA next week.
My passport is currently away to get a visa so I can get out of the country.
I have a flight booked for next Tuesday night that I won't make as the crew change chopper never gets here in time to catch the flight to Lagos, so once I get off the rig I'll spend a night in Port Harcourt then get a flight the next day to Lagos then Amsterdam then Aberdeen. So that'll be Thursday I get home.
Friday morning get in motor and drive the 500 miles to Lemmers.
Of course there are so many things that can go wrong, main one being the visa not being issued which means I'll be stuck in Port Harcourt till I get my passport back!
Fingers crossed.

Re: How are you getting to the convention?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:19 pm

That truly is amazing!

The best of luck with that itinerary. I really hope that you make it!

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Train on friday morning from Lostwithiel to Reading, then change for train from Reading to Leamington.
All being well get in some time after one o clock.
:lol:

Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Walk to station, then train from Wickford to London, then train from London To Lemington Spa should arrive Friday afternoon all being well

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Car down leaving early Saturday should be there for mid morning.

Leaving Monday on the train, anyone fancy a pint at lunchtime Monday let me know! ;)

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:20 pm

flyingfocrs wrote:Well for me I am currently on an oil rig off the coast of Nigeria, praying that my relief gets his flights from the USA next week.
My passport is currently away to get a visa so I can get out of the country.
I have a flight booked for next Tuesday night that I won't make as the crew change chopper never gets here in time to catch the flight to Lagos, so once I get off the rig I'll spend a night in Port Harcourt then get a flight the next day to Lagos then Amsterdam then Aberdeen. So that'll be Thursday I get home.
Friday morning get in motor and drive the 500 miles to Lemmers.
Of course there are so many things that can go wrong, main one being the visa not being issued which means I'll be stuck in Port Harcourt till I get my passport back!
Fingers crossed.

That is seriously impressive

Zaz and I have just 65 miles to drive which should only take about 90 minutes.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 pm

I'll be driving up from Margate on Friday afternoon once everyone is home from school.

Judging on factors like the M2, M25 and beyond - I have absolutely no clue how long it will take me!

Oh, standard thingy - if anyone wants a lift there drop me a PM. Nobody ever takes me up on these things but it never hurts to ask.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 pm

JohnSReid wrote:I'll be driving up from Margate on Friday afternoon once everyone is home from school.

Judging on factors like the M2, M25 and beyond - I have absolutely no clue how long it will take me!

Oh, standard thingy - if anyone wants a lift there drop me a PM. Nobody ever takes me up on these things but it never hurts to ask.

All the way round the M25 on a Friday evening. Are you completely mad ?!

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm

You put it like I have a choice!

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:34 pm

JohnSReid wrote:You put it like I have a choice!

Well on the west side of the M25 on a Friday its normally a car park from 4PM to 7PM.
Not sure what its like on the East side.
Next

Full Version