Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Sunday Night Set List

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13 pm

I suppose now the gigs will just be fillers until the next convention.cant really see how the sets could have better.something for fans of all eras.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:20 pm

torch_light wrote:I suppose now the gigs will just be fillers until the next convention.cant really see how the sets could have better.something for fans of all eras.

I suppose with everyone concentrating on Grendel and the electric sets, it's too easy to forget that those two acoustic sets were absolute stormers also. Loved the Plague Of Ghosts songs. Very moving. I was totally lost in it, just letting it wash over me. - Same goes for Our Smile. Never heard it live till this weekend. Great ballad with a sweet lyric.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:34 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I suppose with everyone concentrating on Grendel and the electric sets, it's too easy to forget that those two acoustic sets were absolute stormers also. Loved the Plague Of Ghosts songs. Very moving. I was totally lost in it, just letting it wash over me. - Same goes for Our Smile. Never heard it live till this weekend. Great ballad with a sweet lyric.

Totally agree - I've never seen him do Raingods live so was made up with that.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Amazing! Great weekend- lovely freinds- the script--- yep-- say no more. awesome- thanx.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Grendel was played both nights.Beginning song Sturday and last song Sunday ? Just curious.Did he do it in it's entirety or a edited version ? Hated to miss convention this year,but circumstances beyond my control.Been fighting Bronchitis all week in Cleveland,so maybe it was for the best. :( Looking forward to arrival of Fishheads Club DVD ! All the best,George

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:22 pm

biggeorgejester wrote:Grendel was played both nights.Beginning song Sturday and last song Sunday ? Just curious.Did he do it in it's entirety or a edited version ? Hated to miss convention this year,but circumstances beyond my control.Been fighting Bronchitis all week in Cleveland,so maybe it was for the best. :( Looking forward to arrival of Fishheads Club DVD ! All the best,George

It wasn't edited but Saturday as the opener for the electric set, it had a slightly heavier, broody, darker feel. Sundays was the same but not quite as intense.

Probably because it came at the end of the set after some mad jumping about general craziness, it isn't really a rocker is it! :?

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:27 pm

biggeorgejester wrote:Grendel was played both nights.Beginning song Sturday and last song Sunday ? Just curious.Did he do it in it's entirety or a edited version ? Hated to miss convention this year,but circumstances beyond my control.Been fighting Bronchitis all week in Cleveland,so maybe it was for the best. :( Looking forward to arrival of Fishheads Club DVD ! All the best,George

I've just checked, it's already on YouTube in its entirety! :o - Trouble is, you don't get the full, vibrating force of the Company singing every word!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:40 pm

arcademannequin wrote:

I've just checked, it's already on YouTube in its entirety! :o - Trouble is, you don't get the full, vibrating force of the Company singing every word!

Checked the youtube comments and people are complaining that The Company choir were too loud and shouldn't have sung along thus spoiling the youtube experience were those watching in interweb land. :x

I stood near the guy filming it, the quality of the footage is remarkable.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm

torch_light wrote:Checked the youtube comments and people are complaining that The Company choir were too loud and shouldn't have sung along thus spoiling the youtube experience were those watching in interweb land. :x.

Then they should have put their hands in their pockets and paid for the experience, like we all did! I really can't believe the gall of some people. It wasn't done for the "You Tube" experience, which I refuse to watch.
Last edited by Lady41 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Lady41 wrote:
torch_light wrote:Checked the youtube comments and people are complaining that The Company choir were too loud and shouldn't have sung along thus spoiling the youtube experience were those watching in interweb land. :x.

Then they should have put their hands in their pockets and paid for the experience, like we all did! It wasn't done for the "You Tube" experience, which I refuse to watch.

I just wanted to see how good it looked and it looks great because he was stood nearly next to me so it is virtually my viewpoint, BUT I do agree with you Lady41, part of it was always going to involve a singalong. Altogether now '...........prepare the funeral pyres' :twisted:
Next

Full Version