Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Sunday Night Set List

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

torch_light wrote:I just wanted to see how good it looked and it looks great because he was stood nearly next to me so it is virtually my viewpoint, BUT I do agree with you Lady41, part of it was always going to involve a singalong. Altogether now '...........prepare the funeral pyres' :twisted:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:34 pm

torch_light wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:
biggeorgejester wrote:Grendel was played both nights.Beginning song Sturday and last song Sunday ? Just curious.Did he do it in it's entirety or a edited version ? Hated to miss convention this year,but circumstances beyond my control.Been fighting Bronchitis all week in Cleveland,so maybe it was for the best. :( Looking forward to arrival of Fishheads Club DVD ! All the best,George

I've just checked, it's already on YouTube in its entirety! :o - Trouble is, you don't get the full, vibrating force of the Company singing every word!

Checked the youtube comments and people are complaining that The Company choir were too loud and shouldn't have sung along thus spoiling the youtube experience were those watching in interweb land. :x

I stood near the guy filming it, the quality of the footage is remarkable.

Remarkable for a YouTube vid it is, but I can't believe that the guy missed the experience of seeing it with his own eyes. It's also obvious that he wasn't singing, clapping or jumping either, so major booboo on his part.

I've never really considered it since it was mentioned in a thread the other day, but all those mobile phones held aloft were very annoying.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:43 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Remarkable for a YouTube vid it is, but I can't believe that the guy missed the experience of seeing it with his own eyes. It's also obvious that he wasn't singing, clapping or jumping either, so major booboo on his part.

I've never really considered it since it was mentioned in a thread the other day, but all those mobile phones held aloft were very annoying.

He recorded most of saturday and took lots of stills and recorded all of sunday. :?

Wouldn't have been my choice to watch it all through a viewfinder but then it is horses for courses.

The mobiles are a pain and a lot of the footage will be crap anyway. :(

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Conan wrote:Script as set opener? 8-) Did Mar survive the experience? ;) :lol:

Geoff !
I was thinking of you during the Sunday set.
How could you have chosen to miss the weekend ?
Magical

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 pm

[/quote]

Remarkable for a YouTube vid it is, but I can't believe that the guy missed the experience of seeing it with his own eyes. It's also obvious that he wasn't singing, clapping or jumping either, so major booboo on his part.

I've never really considered it since it was mentioned in a thread the other day, but all those mobile phones held aloft were very annoying.[/quote]

I do find it incomprehensible that people choose to watch a gig through a mobile phone/camera lens just so they can share it on youtube - really makes you wonder what the point of being there is. It's like the loud semi-drunks standing behind me on the first night - they shout at each other all the way through a song, then whoop loudly when it ends, as if they have been listening and enjoyed every moment!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Both Martin and I really loved both acoustic and electric sets. We particularly loved Raingods (tears in eyes). It was certainly a great experience. Being new to the works of Fish, I don't know much yet, but would have liked to have seen him slow it down with Cliche or would have liked to hear Poets Moon. As we could only come Sunday, I was sad I missed Arc of the Curve on Sat. night. But a really fab time had by all I think. We are going to be lucky enough to see him locally again in May - can't wait!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Martins Girl wrote:Both Martin and I really loved both acoustic and electric sets. We particularly loved Raingods (tears in eyes). It was certainly a great experience. Being new to the works of Fish, I don't know much yet, but would have liked to have seen him slow it down with Cliche or would have liked to hear Poets Moon. As we could only come Sunday, I was sad I missed Arc of the Curve on Sat. night. But a really fab time had by all I think. We are going to be lucky enough to see him locally again in May - can't wait!

I cant ever remember him doing Raingods before? It was beautiful.That must have been in my wilderness years when I missed a a couple of tours. :cry:
I was hoping we might get Cliche as Frank was on fire all weekend. I had my fingers crossed for Garden party at the end. But we cant have everything :jester:

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Looks like a fantastic time was had by all then :D . Pity I could only make the saturday due to work commitments and after seeing the setlist for sunday nite makes it even more disappointig not to have attended the whole weekend but still had a blast. Quick thanx to ulli for the speedy reply on saturday and to Torch 4 the introduction outside 8-)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Martins Girl wrote:Both Martin and I really loved both acoustic and electric sets. We particularly loved Raingods (tears in eyes). It was certainly a great experience. Being new to the works of Fish, I don't know much yet, but would have liked to have seen him slow it down with Cliche or would have liked to hear Poets Moon. As we could only come Sunday, I was sad I missed Arc of the Curve on Sat. night. But a really fab time had by all I think. We are going to be lucky enough to see him locally again in May - can't wait!

They dropped Cliche on saturday night due to time restraints. Also Forgotten Sons.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Teddynonose wrote:

I cant ever remember him doing Raingods before? It was beautiful.That must have been in my wilderness years when I missed a a couple of tours. :cry:
I was hoping we might get Cliche as Frank was on fire all weekend. I had my fingers crossed for Garden party at the end. But we cant have everything :jester:

Was it Return To Childhood or Clutching At Stars where they played Plague Of Ghosts?
Next

Full Version