Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Sunday Night Set List

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 am

kieron bpf wrote:
The Assassing wrote:What a Weekend!!! My first Convention. I was right at the front for both nights, i think we raised the roof during Freaks!!!
I met some really nice people!!! Hello to Chris and Tanya and their two friends ( The Company Norfolk) Nigel the Scouse Plumber and the ex Army lad who gave his spare ticket away (suggest Name badges for the next Convention) At the end on Sunday i was really parched due to all the singing and some great Dutch Fans gave me their last bottle of Water so thanks to them!!!
Shame it's all over!!!

Paul was the ex army lad him and nigel made me laugh all weekend :lol:

Paul, that was it!!! Many thanks.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:19 am

JohnSReid wrote:Haha!
I know exactly where you mean. Unfortunately only one decent music shop left now and that's in Ramsgate.

Crikey! That Sunday night, eh? I asked security to be on standby in case Mar passed out. :D

Yes, HMV is ok but a lot of it is given over to DVDs and Games.

Both nights were Awesome but there was an Amazing vibe on Sunday night. Maybe everyone wanted to go out on a high as it was the last night!!! :)

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 am

The Assassing wrote:
I know exactly where you mean. Unfortunately only one decent music shop left now and that's in Ramsgate.

Crikey! That Sunday night, eh? I asked security to be on standby in case Mar passed out. :D

Both nights were Awesome but there was an Amazing vibe on Sunday night. Maybe everyone wanted to go out on a high as it was the last night!!! :)

Very true, i remember the four of us doing the Highland Jig to internal exile, where i can tell you we got a few weird looks, also i swore i would never do this, but i gave in and actually done the "piroquette thing" :oops: to the Company along with the customary Russian singing and Company swaying, just Awesome!!!! Real Company Camoraderie! :D :D :D :D

Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:39 am

mwelljester wrote:
The Assassing wrote:

Very true, i remember the four of us doing the Highland Jig to internal exile, where i can tell you we got a few weird looks, also i swore i would never do this, but i gave in and actually done the "piroquette thing" :oops: to the Company along with the customary Russian singing and Company swaying, just Awesome!!!! Real Company Camoraderie! :D :D :D :D

All The Best Freaks Are Here!!! :)

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Sunday night was a truly extraordinary concert!
And spare some thanks for The Reasoning, I thought they set the evening up perfectly.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:30 pm

marksc wrote:Yes, Sunday night was a real stormer. The bar was set straight from the off with Script. Lovely stuff. A real crowd-pleasing set with a great clutch of Marillo stuff and intense Fish material.

I love Pilgrim's Address, always one of my favourites an his most underrated song prior to the acoustic tour. It always resonates.

The roof was definitely shaking from the roar that went up when Freaks started. And the final forty-five minutes or so must go down as the most amazing, joyous Fish celebration in history. Simply stunning! Fish clearly enjoyed it and the crowd certainly did, resulting in an almost silent exit from the building and out into the street as everyone was hoarse from singing!

Yes, these conventions are often very special indeed....

Pilgram's Address is a big favourite of mine too. I don't suppose thinking about it I ever expected to see this performed live. :D

I had the feeling that quite a few folks around me didn't know the track! :oops:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 pm

torch_light wrote:
marksc wrote:Yes, Sunday night was a real stormer. The bar was set straight from the off with Script. Lovely stuff. A real crowd-pleasing set with a great clutch of Marillo stuff and intense Fish material.

I love Pilgrim's Address, always one of my favourites an his most underrated song prior to the acoustic tour. It always resonates.

The roof was definitely shaking from the roar that went up when Freaks started. And the final forty-five minutes or so must go down as the most amazing, joyous Fish celebration in history. Simply stunning! Fish clearly enjoyed it and the crowd certainly did, resulting in an almost silent exit from the building and out into the street as everyone was hoarse from singing!

Yes, these conventions are often very special indeed....

Pilgram's Address is a big favourite of mine too. I don't suppose thinking about it I ever expected to see this performed live. :D

I had the feeling that quite a few folks around me didn't know the track! :oops:

It's a great track Rob, but it's one of the few Fish songs I can never remember the lyrics to! :oops:

Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:42 pm

It is one of my favourites. And this is for Paul!

Mr President, you don't know my name,
But you could find it if you really cared,

;) :D

Full Version