Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 am

It was interesting to hear them this early in their formation.the suite of highwood does sound good and it will make an awesome live piece in its whole i think.the dna fish artwork was very good to see and looks interesting too.good stuff!

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am

Interesting that some people who were originally disappointed that there were only going to be four new tunes played at the convention are now actually saying that it was hard to take in new material! :D

Imagine what it would have been like if the entire new album was played!! :shock:

Once again, I think that Fish the professional made a good call 8-)

Other than Steve Vantsis, were there any other "guest" musicians on stage?
Thanked: 1

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:20 am

The tracks were not perfect.fish said it wouldnt sound the same obviously on the album.but at points it seemed frank 'lost' the keyboards.there was some freeform jazz improv in there so we were led to believe :)

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:24 am

Conan wrote:Other than Steve Vantsis, were there any other "guest" musicians on stage?

The very funny Mickey Simmonds.

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:51 am

zazabi wrote:
Conan wrote:Other than Steve Vantsis, were there any other "guest" musicians on stage?

The very funny Mickey Simmonds.


Surely he should now be Mickey "The Hair" Simmonds? :lol:
Thanked: 3

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Tony and Mickey guested in the acoustic sessions, Steve on both electric sessions.

Mickey also came out to dance with Fish during The Company.

I thought that the new stuff sounded great. The single-type tracks need a bit more "Fishness" added to them, as I felt they were a little generic. Maybe some more layers and hooks are needed.

But as has been said, it's early days and how they will sound at the end is anyone's guess! I'm really looking forward to hearing more :)
Thanked: 1

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Ref:mickey simmonds. as posted elsewhere he was awesome in the accoustic set saturday.sorry off topic.:(
Thanked: 3

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Conan wrote:Interesting that some people who were originally disappointed that there were only going to be four new tunes played at the convention are now actually saying that it was hard to take in new material! :D


Really? Perhaps there are posts on here that you can see, but that I can't. Odd that. :? ;)

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Lady41 wrote:
Conan wrote:Interesting that some people who were originally disappointed that there were only going to be four new tunes played at the convention are now actually saying that it was hard to take in new material! :D


Really? Perhaps there are posts on here that you can see, but that I can't. Odd that. :? ;)


I think I said I didn't want to hear too much from the new album, because it's sometimes hard to feel empathy for tracks that you haven't heard and let grow on you.

Re: The New Material...

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:57 pm

I was informed by someone in the know that it is called Improv. Jazz! :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of the artwork looked great, liking the see through Fish with the DNA strands. Looking forward to the album now.
Next

Full Version