Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Thank you

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Just wanted to thank everyone involved in making the weekend such a success, from organisers to band members and supporting staff. I met some lovely people despite my shyness as people were so friendly.

I would definitely go to future events and would recommend them to anybody who likes most of Fish's solo material. I thought I'd be all Fished out now but I want to listen to some more.

Re: Thank you

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm

You couldnt have put it better!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Would just thank everyone on the Forum, Paul,Rob,Andy,Zaz,Chris,Tanja,Tony,Elspeth and anyone else whom met and chatted to. t was a pleasure weekend over too soon would have loved more time to spend and have a Swally with you guys hopefully will in near future. :-) :-) :-)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

mwelljester wrote:Would just thank everyone on the Forum, Paul,Rob,Andy,Zaz,Chris,Tanja,Tony,Elspeth and anyone else whom met and chatted to. t was a pleasure weekend over too soon would have loved more time to spend and have a Swally with you guys hopefully will in near future. :-) :-) :-)

Agree about time. So difficult to meet everyone and get accustomed to all the faces. - Rab, you are a top bloke mate. Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of an empty chair! ;) :)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:29 pm

mwelljester wrote:Would just thank everyone on the Forum, Paul,Rob,Andy,Zaz,Chris,Tanja,Tony,Elspeth and anyone else whom met and chatted to. t was a pleasure weekend over too soon would have loved more time to spend and have a Swally with you guys hopefully will in near future. :-) :-) :-)

We will get more time at the next gig near to yours Rab, rumour yesterday had it that you are putting The Company up for the overnight stay! :lol: :shock: :lol:

It was just like Butlins, so much to see and do you didn't know where the time had gone! :D

Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:38 pm

I also would like to say a Big Thank You to all on the forum and the fans the staff and and all the bands it sure was fun !!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

What a weekend !
Its been a struggle at work today after getting home late last night,. We listened to Grendel and Script all the way home !

Thank you to everyone on the forum for making it a magical weekend. ... Zaz, Arcade, Marie and husband who made up the Chocogrenouilles; Rab and his lovely wife who were at our B&B, Chris and Tanja, Tony, Tom, Ulli, Clare, Sharon, Rob, John (great quiz), Squeak, Sandy (very entertaining), Simon (great inspiration with some of the new songs), Mar, Enfield Monty, Jinpa, Heike and anyone else who I might have missed; and not forgetting Jim and Melssa who were definitely there watching from the balcony. :)

A huge thank you to Fish and the band for such great entertainment. 4 brilliant sets with far too many highlights to mention...however I never thought I would ever hear some of those songs ever performed again..they just kept coming..Grendel, Script, He knows you know, Assassing, Jigsaw... wow ! Special mention to Frank who I thought played an absolute blinder over the weekend. Also Mickey Simmonds who added great comedy value. It was like watching Dudley Moore and Peter Cook up there !
Special thank you to all the people who organsied it and obviously spent so much time on it Fish, Elspeth, Gregor, John and the team.
And not forgetting The wonderful Mark and Julie Wilkinson. What a genuinely nice and extremely talented guy.
I managed to miss It Bites but a big thank you to the Reasoning. What a set they played ! I have been listening to them most of today at work.
Wonderful venue that I always love going to and Leamington Spa is a beautiful location especially when carrying a banana taking strange photos !

RIght wehere are we meeting up next ?!

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Teddynonose wrote:What a weekend !
Its been a struggle at work today after getting home late last night,. We listened to Grendel and Script all the way home !

Thank you to everyone on the forum for making it a magical weekend. ... Zaz, Arcade, Marie and husband who made up the Chocogrenouilles; Rab and his lovely wife who were at our B&B, Chris and Tanja, Tony, Tom, Ulli, Clare, Sharon, Rob, John (great quiz), Squeak, Sandy (very entertaining), Simon (great inspiration with some of the new songs), Mar, Enfield Monty, Jinpa, Heike and anyone else who I might have missed; and not forgetting Jim and Melssa who were definitely there watching from the balcony. :)

A huge thank you to Fish and the band for such great entertainment. 4 brilliant sets with far too many highlights to mention...however I never thought I would ever hear some of those songs ever performed again..they just kept coming..Grendel, Script, He knows you know, Assassing, Jigsaw... wow ! Special mention to Frank who I thought played an absolute blinder over the weekend. Also Mickey Simmonds who added great comedy value. It was like watching Dudley Moore and Peter Cook up there !
Special thank you to all the people who organsied it and obviously spent so much time on it Fish, Elspeth, Gregor, John and the team.
And not forgetting The wonderful Mark and Julie Wilkinson. What a genuinely nice and extremely talented guy.
I managed to miss It Bites but a big thank you to the Reasoning. What a set they played ! I have been listening to them most of today at work.
Wonderful venue that I always love going to and Leamington Spa is a beautiful location especially when carrying a banana taking strange photos !

RIght wehere are we meeting up next ?!

Who ate the banana? - Next time we take a bunch. ;)

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Was ace!!!! Only went for the Sunday and was well impressed with it all, just wish i'd have gone both days now. It was probably the most friendly gig ive ever been to n'all as I hardly ever talk to anyone but really good to share memories with a few.

The main set was really brilliant, He Knows You Know was amazing!!! Rolling back the years and always reminds me of Liverpool Royal Court gigs of the 80s. Freaks was absolutly brilliant too. The fact that I was resigned that I probably hear Grendel didn't spoil my enjoyment, when it started I was just in awe. Nice to finish off with The Company too!!!

Looking forward to the gigs next year, we march :D

Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:41 pm

keebo wrote:Just wanted to thank everyone involved in making the weekend such a success, from organisers to band members and supporting staff. I met some lovely people despite my shyness as people were so friendly.

I would definitely go to future events and would recommend them to anybody who likes most of Fish's solo material. I thought I'd be all Fished out now but I want to listen to some more.

Seconded! (or thirded!, or whatever number we're up to by now -ed!!)
Next

Full Version