Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Thank you

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 pm

Teddynonose wrote:What a weekend !
Its been a struggle at work today after getting home late last night,. We listened to Grendel and Script all the way home !

Thank you to everyone on the forum for making it a magical weekend. ... Zaz, Arcade, Marie and husband who made up the Chocogrenouilles; Rab and his lovely wife who were at our B&B, Chris and Tanja, Tony, Tom, Ulli, Clare, Sharon, Rob, John (great quiz), Squeak, Sandy (very entertaining), Simon (great inspiration with some of the new songs), Mar, Enfield Monty, Jinpa, Heike and anyone else who I might have missed; and not forgetting Jim and Melssa who were definitely there watching from the balcony. :)

A huge thank you to Fish and the band for such great entertainment. 4 brilliant sets with far too many highlights to mention...however I never thought I would ever hear some of those songs ever performed again..they just kept coming..Grendel, Script, He knows you know, Assassing, Jigsaw... wow ! Special mention to Frank who I thought played an absolute blinder over the weekend. Also Mickey Simmonds who added great comedy value. It was like watching Dudley Moore and Peter Cook up there !
Special thank you to all the people who organsied it and obviously spent so much time on it Fish, Elspeth, Gregor, John and the team.
And not forgetting The wonderful Mark and Julie Wilkinson. What a genuinely nice and extremely talented guy.
I managed to miss It Bites but a big thank you to the Reasoning. What a set they played ! I have been listening to them most of today at work.
Wonderful venue that I always love going to and Leamington Spa is a beautiful location especially when carrying a banana taking strange photos !

RIght wehere are we meeting up next ?!

You could go to see The John Young Band and Arena at the same venue on the 16th November

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:24 pm

mwelljester wrote:Would just thank everyone on the Forum, Paul,Rob,Andy,Zaz,Chris,Tanja,Tony,Elspeth and anyone else whom met and chatted to. t was a pleasure weekend over too soon would have loved more time to spend and have a Swally with you guys hopefully will in near future. :-) :-) :-)

And it was most definitely a pleasure to meet you too. Til the next time......

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Yes. Thanks to everyone who said hello, if only briefly. To those who I had previously met and too the new faces.

Time passed so quickly.

Hopefully we will get to chat more next time.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Fantastic weekend, never thought I'd hear certain songs live again after far too many years and not going to gigs for a long time. Saw Fish last year in Nottingham on the Fishheads Tour and got hooked again going to gigs. Met some great people and had a brilliant time, drinks in the Jug and Jester, a Garden Party pizza Saturday night on the steps of the church and in awe of the Mark Wilkinson artwork.

Full Version