Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Acoustic Grendel- Any thoughts?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 am

I've always loved Grendel and it was great hearing it twice!!! I don't know if an Acoustic version would work but it could be interesting, what do other people think?

Re: Acoustic Grendel- Any thoughts?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:47 am

I think it would work very well, but I can't see it ever happening. - There are certain songs that were taken out on the FishHeads tour that I was unsure of them working in the acoustic form, but they pretty much all did.

Now ask me about MSH. That definately wouldn't work! ;)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 am

I also think it would work but very unlikely to ever happen..... :(

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 am

I kind of get the impression that this was Fish bidding a very public goodbye to old Grendel... :D

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 am

I don't even think Fish knows what's next for Grendel.

If it probably wasn't for Will Smith at the last convention and Frank mucking about on the tour we would have probably never seen it. The seeds were sown... :)

Anyway, I'd probably settle for an acoustic Grendel but it would have to be shorter - I can't see it working as a 17-18 minute number like that.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:26 am

JohnSReid wrote:I'd probably settle for an acoustic Grendel but it would have to be shorter - I can't see it working as a 17-18 minute number like that.

I can't see the point myself. Sorry to be the dissenting voice and all that... :oops: ;)

I just feel that the time that it would take to re-invent Grendel could be better spent on other things... :)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:27 am

Conan wrote:I kind of get the impression that this was Fish bidding a very public goodbye to old Grendel... :D

I thought the total opposite. Seeing how much they enjoyed playing it, and the reception they got, I think (hoping) it may pop up in future sets....

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am

I suspect that Fish has probably now put the ghost of Grendel behind him with those two performances and it'll be another twenty years or so before he reprises the song -eek, how old will we all be then! :o

However, now that he's played it, will fans call out for it even more at gigs?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:21 am

I cant really see how he could play it in a normal set.agree with conan its a ghost laid to rest.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:44 am

torch_light wrote:I cant really see how he could play it in a normal set.agree with conan its a ghost laid to rest.

same here. was totally awesome, thought the sat nite rendition was by far the better , maybe because everyone was hyped up and ready to go but i think we should let the grendel slip into folklore for now :D
Next

Full Version