Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Gordon Strachen

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 am

torch_light wrote:Yes chris,saw him walking past the jug on saturday i think.shorter than i expected and with thicker hair.i didnt speak but i did do a double take.is he a fan of grendel? Who is he?holy cow john leave that computer alone for 5 mins.:-S

The two most famous Scots ever in the same English town on the same day. What were the odds of that?

I wonder if him and Fish are acquaintances?

It was Sunday I saw him. Accompanied by his wife?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:14 am

Yup chris lady in tow both in light brown coats.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:16 am

torch_light wrote:Yup chris lady in tow both in light brown coats.

Thank you. At least it was not the euphoria.......

Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Wee Gordon was manager at Coventry a few yrs back and kept his main house nr Leamington. He's a local!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Have I got this wrong? Was Mr Strachen attending the convention, or simply walking through Lemmers? :? Was that him wearing the harlequin trousers? :? 8-)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:08 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Have I got this wrong? Was Mr Strachen attending the convention, or simply walking through Lemmers? :? Was that him wearing the harlequin trousers? :? 8-)

Nope - his wife ;)
At least even John did not know him - I had no idea why a short guy on the other side of the street could be more important than our technical difficulties with the Fish hunt :roll:
Now I do :)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 pm

pocketfraggle wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:Have I got this wrong? Was Mr Strachen attending the convention, or simply walking through Lemmers? :? Was that him wearing the harlequin trousers? :? 8-)

Nope - his wife ;)
At least even John did not know him - I had no idea why a short guy on the other side of the street could be more important than our technical difficulties with the Fish hunt :roll:
Now I do :)

Were you doing the Fish hunt too? - Strachen aside, we could do with a results table for the Fish hunt. - I want to know where we placed. :?

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 pm

arcademannequin wrote:Were you doing the Fish hunt too? - Strachen aside, we could do with a results table for the Fish hunt. - I want to know where we placed. :?

Oh I loved the idea and started but ChrisD´s mobile would not allow to upload. I used a (not too well but working) camera and we tried Caroline´s notebook in the hotel lobby. Unfortunately we could not get the internet to work and the receptionist started to get a bit confused when I told him I needed the yellow pages for the Fish hunt. Opposite to him was a bar, quite full with quite drunk Fish fans and he had no change and was in charge of everything - bless him :lol:
Anyway - we ended up with 0 points and very bad technical karma obviously ;)

But it was fun - when I went to Elspeth she was just gooing like: noooo drink :roll: you are the 5th to turn up - mind you, what would have been if I would have been the 42nd :shock:

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 pm

I might do a results table of the top teams. Good idea :)

Let me get one more sleep first ;)

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Just turned on the telly to watch the football and guess who is a guest in the studio?
Next

Full Version