Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:34 pm

I thought Fish's voice at the Convention was really excellent. With the Fishheads tour, he seems to have developed a new level of control and clarity I think. It was also very strong against the power of the full electric band. I am not sure why I might have been worried, but I think Fish is singing better now than for many years.

There were so many highlights from the weekend, but I think this is sublime and just typifies how these magical moments just stole up on us all. Fish singing at his best and with really beautiful phrasing:



Encouragement, smiles all round, cheers, applause, appreciation - fantastic!
Thanked: 2

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 pm

thank you :)
I missed this one - probly still on my way home at that time :cry:
Agree with you - his voice was much better than during a couple of acoustic gigs I saw.

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I really hadn't expected to hear this, specially as he'd seemed to mock it earlier, saying "Raingods, well we won't go there". Or perhaps I misunderstood his inference. :oops:

But I was made up when I heard the opening few notes on the keyboard and I must have looked like a total simpleton with the silly smile on my face - which I reserve only for very special occasions! :oops:

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:48 pm

When another Fishheads tour takes place I would love this to be in the set. Agree the phrasing/delivery here carries more feeling than many an artist can conjure up in a career.

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Lady41 wrote:But I was made up when I heard the opening few notes on the keyboard and I must have looked like a total simpleton with the silly smile on my face - which I reserve only for very special occasions! :oops:


these silly smiles were quite common - everyone had his moments there I think :D, well I did, too
Thanked: 1

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:02 pm

pocketfraggle wrote:these silly smiles were quite common - everyone had his moments there I think


Even I had a silly smile, though that was partly to do with wind, caused by the pig-roast baguette I ate on Sunday morning. ;)

Fish's voice was brilliant throughout I thought, and after so much singing I was worried for Sunday night, but he finished as strongly as he began.

Must admit to being a bit disappointed to hear he has taken up smoking again. Wouldn't like him to lose his current level, as he sounds better now than he has for a few years.

Re: Fish's Voice

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:44 pm

pocketfraggle wrote:
Lady41 wrote:But I was made up when I heard the opening few notes on the keyboard and I must have looked like a total simpleton with the silly smile on my face - which I reserve only for very special occasions! :oops:


these silly smiles were quite common - everyone had his moments there I think :D, well I did, too


Goodness knows what kind of face I was pulling during the 'Can you still say you love me?' piece in Jigsaw and he was watching me belting it out a couple of times. :oops:

Like the other two said lady41 and pocketfrag, I think everyone will take away some very special moments from the sets and from the weekend overall.

:D

Re: Fish's Voice

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:22 am

torch_light wrote:
Goodness knows what kind of face I was pulling during the 'Can you still say you love me?' piece in Jigsaw and he was watching me belting it out a couple of times. :oops:

Like the other two said lady41 and pocketfrag, I think everyone will take away some very special moments from the sets and from the weekend overall.

:D

And the less said about the Windolene and Rubber glove moment the better :oops: ;) :lol: :lol:
Thanked: 1

Re: Fish's Voice

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:57 am

Thought his voice was much improved.. and overall he did us proud... maybe it's being back on the ciggies rather than the cigars... ;)

Seriously though... noticed he was back on the white wine which is always better for the voice than the red variety... :)

Re: Fish's Voice

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 pm

mwelljester wrote:And the less said about the Windolene and Rubber glove moment the better :oops: ;) :lol: :lol:


Was what that all about, anyway? I didn't get it? :o :lol:
Thanked: 1
Next

Full Version