Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Convention New Faces - Welcome

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm

It's so nice to see fresh posts from people who've joined the forum since the convention drew closer and after the weekend.

A big welcome! :)

Re: Convention New Faces - Welcome

Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you. This was the first gig like this I have ever been to (grew up with totally classical music) and it couldn't have been a better introduction. The whole weekend was brilliant and the Fish fans I met were all great!

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am

Being a Fish Fan is unlike being a Fan of other Bands/ Singers!!! The Community and sense of Belonging is incredible. I'm ashamed to say that this was my first Convention and i am kicking myself that i've missed out all these years. I met some great people over the Weekend!!!
I thought that the Lanyards were a good idea!! Is this a new thing or is it the same at every Convention?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 am

The Assassing wrote:Being a Fish Fan is unlike being a Fan of other Bands/ Singers!!! The Community and sense of Belonging is incredible. I'm ashamed to say that this was my first Convention and i am kicking myself that i've missed out all these years. I met some great people over the Weekend!!!
I thought that the Lanyards were a good idea!! Is this a new thing or is it the same at every Convention?

I second this, same for me, still wondering how I've missed that during years, we talked about that during the weekend.
Misplaced youth or adulthood ? :? :lol: No regret, Graham, we were there, and it was so good ! And it's better late than never.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:40 am

The Assassing wrote:Being a Fish Fan is unlike being a Fan of other Bands/ Singers!!! The Community and sense of Belonging is incredible. I'm ashamed to say that this was my first Convention and i am kicking myself that i've missed out all these years. I met some great people over the Weekend!!!

Everybody has to start somewhere sir and i have to say thats the best convention i have been a part of and we had Lanyards for the last one as well :D

Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am

Just a wee message to Welcome all the new Forum Faces after "THE GIG OF THE CENTUARY" enjoy guys n gals! :D :D

Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Really enjoyed ourselves. Look forward to seeing some of you in May in Bath (our home town). :D

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:28 pm

I can't stop thinking about it this time last week i was looking forward. Can't quite believe i am already looking back! Its always the same such fantastic weekends that only get better please dont let it be 3 years til next one! Fishs joke about Grendel and everyone else being dead made us laugh but. one day will be like the poppy parades in London no sod left that remembers it. Not yet tho got a few conventions left in us. I hope x

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Curved Arc wrote:I can't stop thinking about it this time last week i was looking forward. Can't quite believe i am already looking back! Its always the same such fantastic weekends that only get better please dont let it be 3 years til next one! Fishs joke about Grendel and everyone else being dead made us laugh but. one day will be like the poppy parades in London no sod left that remembers it. Not yet tho got a few conventions left in us. I hope x

I know where you are coming from, an Awesome weekend Over too soon!!! doesn't seem like a week ago we were all just meeting up in the Jug n Jester, Time passes by far too quickly for gigs and for friendships and meeting new friends.

If anything, maybe we should all try and Pre-arrange a meet up at up an coming gig, which is geographically accessible to everyone. Doesn't need to be a "Convention" even if its "unofficial" it would be still be an Awesome weekend or couple of days ? :D Just a Company of friends :D :D

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:00 pm

This was my first convention and I was a bit nervous of going alone but I had a wonderful time and met some lovely people. The Company is, indeed good company! thanks so much to everyone I met and great to catch up with the few people I already knew
- oh, and Fish of course! By the way - I think we should have a Geordie branch of the Company! :D
Next

Full Version