Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Early Stages Box Set availability?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 pm

Can anyone help ?? Was the 1983 Marillion set @ Reading Rock ever released on a bootleg cd , and is it available to buy? I used to have a Radio 1 Friday Rock show recording on tape :!: but with nothing now days to listen to it on :cry: Thanx Andy.

Re: Sunday Night Set List

Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Andyboy67 wrote:Can anyone help ?? Was the 1983 Marillion set @ Reading Rock ever released on a bootleg cd , and is it available to buy? I used to have a Radio 1 Friday Rock show recording on tape :!: but with nothing now days to listen to it on :cry: Thanx Andy.

Isn't that the one that's on the brilliant 'Early Stages'? :?

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 pm

Although you might have a struggle finding Early Stages to buy physically, I think that you can still get digital downloads from Amazon / iTunes (spit, spit) etc.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:16 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote:Can anyone help ?? Was the 1983 Marillion set @ Reading Rock ever released on a bootleg cd , and is it available to buy? I used to have a Radio 1 Friday Rock show recording on tape :!: but with nothing now days to listen to it on :cry: Thanx Andy.

Isn't that the one that's on the brilliant 'Early Stages'? :?

Sure is Paul :D, its on the 4th cd of the 6 disc boxset! :D

Cd1 1982 Glasgow Mayfair gig, Cd 2&3 1982 Marquee gig Cd4 Reading Festival 1983, Cd 5 Hammmersmith odeon 1984, Cd 6 Wembley Arena 1987.
Last edited by mwelljester on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:20 pm

There is a Friday Night Rock Show group on Facebook that appears to have or have access to the tapes of quite a few shows, it's always worth asking them for help

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:18 am

Many thanx guys , Found it on Amazon , a snip @ £139 new for the 6 set box set :shock: . Oh well christmas is nearly upon us and who wants a crap jumper , socks and hankies :lol: Nothing beats the real thing , downloads !!!!!!! :twisted: ........

Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 am

I'd usually agree, but £139!!! :o :o :o

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 am

JohnSReid wrote:I'd usually agree, but £139!!! :o :o :o

Just spotted one on fleabay for 61.99gbp . Which i think is still steep :o

Re: Early Stages Box Set availability?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:54 am

Wish I'd bought a copy when it was available on here now! :? :cry:

I always put it off as I thought it was a bit pricey. That's ironic isn't it? :(

Looks like it could become rather collectible though 8-)

Re: Early Stages Box Set availability?

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Conan wrote:Wish I'd bought a copy when it was available on here now! :? :cry:

I always put it off as I thought it was a bit pricey. That's ironic isn't it? :(

Looks like it could become rather collectible though 8-)

I know what you mean Geoff, i bought it though when it first came out cost me £45.00

Although i would say that the Curtain Call Boxset is a lot rarer and you would need to shell out a couple of hundred at least to get that, which i do grudge doing as there is not a lot of variations in the songs on that boxset most of which are taken from live concerts.

Think the Early stages one is much more better value for money in that respesct. :)
Next

Full Version