Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Early Stages Box Set availability?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:49 pm

mwelljester wrote:For anybody that hasn't got the boxset, there is a brand new and sealed one for sale on Fleabay for £49.00. :)

Worth £49 of anyone's money! ;) - Bet it doesn't come the signed Mark Wilkinson print though? :?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:57 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:For anybody that hasn't got the boxset, there is a brand new and sealed one for sale on Fleabay for £49.00. :)

Worth £49 of anyone's money! ;) - Bet it doesn't come the signed Mark Wilkinson print though? :?

Don't think so Paul, as seller has not stated this. :)

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm

mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

I have this print still in the package ;) !

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:38 pm

ulrichs wrote:
mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:

I have this print still in the package ;) !

I don't have the Print :( as i bought the boxset long before i became a member on here and knew that fish sold his merchandise through his website.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:39 am

mwelljester wrote:For anybody that hasn't got the boxset, there is a brand new and sealed "buy it now" one for sale on Fleabay for £49.00. :)

Another from the same website 2 days left sitting at £14.00gbp auction sale.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:44 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Whats the saying..........Good things come to those who wait :evil:
Oh well second hand or not , got to say finally played all the discs and its an absolute stonker :D . Hammersmith 84' stands out for me , think thats when the band were at their peak an outstanding performance even tho a bit wierd hearing Kayleigh with different lyrics...... :o .

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:56 pm

Andyboy67 wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Whats the saying..........Good things come to those who wait :evil:
Oh well second hand or not , got to say finally played all the discs and its an absolute stonker :D . Hammersmith 84' stands out for me , think thats when the band were at their peak an outstanding performance even tho a bit wierd hearing Kayleigh with different lyrics...... :o .

Having missed out on Marillion's early touring years, this boxset was the first place I heard the old live version of She Chameleon. Immediately fell in love with it. - I wouldn't say it was as good as the album track, but it's almost like a completely different song.

I do wonder when they stopped performing this version live? Did it ever surface again after they had reworked the track for the studio album? :?

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:38 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
Andyboy67 wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Whats the saying..........Good things come to those who wait :evil:

Having missed out on Marillion's early touring years, this boxset was the first place I heard the old live version of She Chameleon. Immediately fell in love with it. - I wouldn't say it was as good as the album track, but it's almost like a completely different song.

I do wonder when they stopped performing this version live? Did it ever surface again after they had reworked the track for the studio album? :?

Really not sure about this one Paul :? I have looked at my bootlegs from the Nostell priory gig and Glasgow barrowlands in 1984 and it definitely wasn't played at thes gigs, although you would think after being re-worked for the studio album they must have played it at some gigs as they usually played most if not all of a New album on the same tour. :?

Full Version