Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: Reflections on Leamington Spa

Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:36 am

Ha! Luxury!

Monday morning I was getting the kids out of bed to take them to school after getting home at 3am!

The trip home was me, my PlayBook plugged in to my rented Fiat's stereo and a helluva lot of Fish and Marillion :)

A great weekend, and like everyone else, I cannot wait for the DVD release of the weekend. I'm hoping that we'll see the new tracks on the release so that we can compare them to the released versions, but I haave a feeling after reading his blogs that they probably won't make the cut.

Either way, so many people, so much fun, and it still makes me smile thinking of it! That and the Fish Hunt of course! :)

Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

One of my Highlights of last year!!! I bet you were knackered John?
Going off topic again for a minute, today thanks to EBay I've managed to replace my Clutching at Straws Tour Programe and I managed to get a Welcome to the Garden Party one as well!!! :D :D

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm

The Assassing wrote:One of my Highlights of last year!!! I bet you were knackered John?
Going off topic again for a minute, today thanks to EBay I've managed to replace my Clutching at Straws Tour Programe and I managed to get a Welcome to the Garden Party one as well!!! :D :D

An Awesome weekend, one of the highlights has to be the actual tension and excitement in the Assembly Rooms when Fish and Co took to the stage, i remember becoming sort of Hypnotised at that point, waiting on the first few bars/chords, "THE BIG G" i swear to god, the roof came off the place. I totally lost it at that point, god knows what Michelle thought of me :o :oops: I know Alan(Crawsnest) and Liz noticed i had lost it. I have only witnessed and experienced the decibels level like this once before and that was when i saw Fish and Marillion take the stage at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1986. :D :D :D

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:14 pm

mwelljester wrote:
The Assassing wrote:One of my Highlights of last year!!! I bet you were knackered John?

An Awesome weekend, one of the highlights has to be the actual tension and excitement in the Assembly Rooms when Fish and Co took to the stage, i remember becoming sort of Hypnotised at that point, waiting on the first few bars/chords, "THE BIG G" i swear to god, the roof came off the place. I totally lost it at that point, god knows what Michelle thought of me :o :oops: I know Alan(Crawsnest) and Liz noticed i had lost it. I have only witnessed and experienced the decibels level like this once before and that was when i saw Fish and Marillion take the stage at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1986. :D :D :D

You were at MK Rab, I'm so jealous!!! :)

Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

The Assassing wrote:
mwelljester wrote:

You were at MK Rab, I'm so jealous!!! :)

Yeah just a wee 18yr old nipper :lol: Was down with one of my mates who had relative in MK so we didnt have any probs staying somewhere, that said i would have went anyway regardless of fixed abode, a bus shelter would have done :lol:

Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 pm

...What do you mean by 'lost it' Rab?! :lol: Did you embarrass yourself? ;) - Can't remember how I reacted, but was probably the same. :oops: - I'm sure there was a guy next to me crying. :cry: Tears of joy of course! :D

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:42 am

arcademannequin wrote:...What do you mean by 'lost it' Rab?! :lol: Did you embarrass yourself? ;) - Can't remember how I reacted, but was probably the same. :oops: - I'm sure there was a guy next to me crying. :cry: Tears of joy of course! :D

The way i reacted was probably Equal, if not higher than, when Motherwell won the scottish cup back in 1991. I went Ballistic! for the complete 2hrs or so of the set.

But i didnt feel embarassed one bit :D :D :D :D

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 pm

mwelljester wrote:
arcademannequin wrote:...What do you mean by 'lost it' Rab?! :lol: Did you embarrass yourself? ;) - Can't remember how I reacted, but was probably the same. :oops: - I'm sure there was a guy next to me crying. :cry: Tears of joy of course! :D

The way i reacted was probably Equal, if not higher than, when Motherwell won the scottish cup back in 1991. I went Ballistic! for the complete 2hrs or so of the set.

Can't remember how long any of the sets were. It's all a wonderful blur. :D

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

arcademannequin wrote:
mwelljester wrote:

Can't remember how long any of the sets were. It's all a wonderful blur. :D

So True, so much so, i Just Hope this comes out as a Near if not Full length DVD/CD BOXSET :D

Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Amy ideas when it is planned for release rab ?
Next

Full Version