Discussion, news and info on the forthcoming convention in Leamington Spa.

Re: So.....

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:36 pm

Definitely would love a Convention up here in Haddington, but cant see that happening till next year, as he hasn't released any "cunning plans" or tour dates for later in the year, also think it will take some time to upgrade the Corn Exchange to proper specifications, also with regards to ample time for people not just to save up but to get time off their work as everyone is normally putting in their hols now!
While we are on the Subject, will Fish dangle another carrot like he did with Grendel in 2012 :?

Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:44 pm

mwelljester wrote:Definitely would love a Convention up here in Haddington, but cant see that happening till next year, as he hasn't released any "cunning plans" or tour dates for later in the year, also think it will take some time to upgrade the Corn Exchange to proper specifications, also with regards to ample time for people not just to save up but to get time off their work as everyone is normally putting in their hols now!
While we are on the Subject, will Fish dangle another carrot like he did with Grendel in 2012 :?

Are there any carrots left?

....Compared to Grendel, possibly a few parsnips? :?

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:18 pm

I'm sure it would be fab, but I'm just being selfish. No way I could do a weekend that far away.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Id love to do Haddington as i've never been before. I'm sure it will be next year tho, as for carrots - how about the whole of the High Wood Suite & Plague Of Ghosts in their entirety, any takers ????
I'm hoping this Mays tour will feature some of the new stuff off Feast that wasn't played live last year .

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:58 am

Don't get me wrong... I love Haddington. In fact, some of my ancestors come from there! But accommodation is not easy to find and is very spread out, unlike Leamington where everything is so central.

The Assembly is a stunning venue and I'm not sure the Corn Exchange can compete with that.

That said, as long as he avoids August (when the Edinburgh Tattoo celebrations make accommodation impossible to find) then I'm up for a Convention wherever it is! 8-)

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Conan wrote:Don't get me wrong... I love Haddington. In fact, some of my ancestors come from there! But accommodation is not easy to find and is very spread out, unlike Leamington where everything is so central.

The Assembly is a stunning venue and I'm not sure the Corn Exchange can compete with that.

That said, as long as he avoids August (when the Edinburgh Tattoo celebrations make accommodation impossible to find) then I'm up for a Convention wherever it is! 8-)

Actually never thought about accommodation until you mentioned it Geoff. - Could pose a problem. - Perhaps I'm changing my preference. Leamington might be over-familiar, but at least we know it's perfect for accommodation and it certainly has one of the best venues in the country, in my humble opinion. :)

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:22 pm

good, good. Thats it decided then . Leamington it is :D

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:02 pm

sussexsaint wrote:good, good. Thats it decided then . Leamington it is :D

Bring it on!! - See you there Chris. ;) :)

.....(unless it's Hadders! :? )

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 pm

At previous Haddington Conventions did people not camp on the Scout field or am I imagining it?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Chris D wrote:At previous Haddington Conventions did people not camp on the Scout field or am I imagining it?

Well that rules me out if so. - Me and tents don't go together. :x
Next

Full Version