Talk about Fish-related artwork, and show us your drawings and tattoos

The Union Logo

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 am

Doc Bob wrote:I'll throw my tuppence worth in... I wasn't going to , as you're gettign into a decision by committee state already..

I'm a textile consultant and deal with this kind of thing every day...

If we are to print the design, then as Tosh says the simpler the better.. in pigment printing, you can't go into too fine a detail, particulary on single jersey t-shirt farbic, as when it stretches and is washes it distorts the fabric and the print can be erased more easily..

The original design would have been more readily converted to print. The second with the fusion of the two designs, was just a little too "busy" - of course you could consider the FF&F design for the back of the t-shirt....

thanks doc! tbh i gotta say i'm relieved that this design isn't going over all that well. at first i really felt as though it needed that something extra, but after putting the 2 together i began to regret the idea. it's become a world of frustration for me to say the very least. i detest the cluttered appearance and i know that no matter how much i tune it up, it'll never be right. you guys are both 100% right-on in applying a simplistic approach. one main focus is a much better way to go about. i like your idea about maybe moving the FF&F to the back, that's a decent thought to ponder. good call, tosh & docbob! ;D

any thoughts on changing up the star?

thanks guys!
;)She

The Union Logo

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:32 am

dafyid wrote:Very good job and better than I could do free hand. The art is just like creating software the first cut is good and may work ok but you just keep refining the work and then you have a great product. So keep up the good work.

hi dafyid & thanks to you also for providing feedback! how much i value your critique cannot be emphasized enough. i had to laugh at your comment about the 1st cut being the good 1! when i feel like drawing and the ideas fill my head about a million a minute, i quickly write some down as to not forget. more times than i care to admit, what gets penned in my steno turns out in the perfect form i'd envisioned and i cannot repeat it in my good sketchpad! you'd think i would've learned by now not to pen doodle anything! the 2nd go is never right. thanks again for your input! ;D

She

The Union Logo

Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:46 am

SheChameleon wrote:
dafyid wrote:Very good job and better than I could do free hand. The art is just like creating software the first cut is good and may work ok but you just keep refining the work and then you have a great product. So keep up the good work.

hi dafyid & thanks to you also for providing feedback! how much i value your critique cannot be emphasized enough. i had to laugh at your comment about the 1st cut being the good 1! when i feel like drawing and the ideas fill my head about a million a minute, i quickly write some down as to not forget. more times than i care to admit, what gets penned in my steno turns out in the perfect form i'd envisioned and i cannot repeat it in my good sketchpad! you'd think i would've learned by now not to pen doodle anything! the 2nd go is never right. thanks again for your input! ;D

She

That is quit true I do like to draw as well but my stuff turned out so bad at times I wonder why I do it. But if you like it the it is fine. I some times wonder how some of things I see in the art exhibits can be classified as such, but then again art is in the eye of the beholder so it is all subjective.

The Union Logo

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:17 pm

since the revised design i've come up with is not favored by most (including myself), would you all mind if i took a stab at finishing up the first one i had? or would it be better to maybe come up with something completely new?

She

The Union Logo

Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:18 pm

SheChameleon wrote:since the revised design i've come up with is not favored by most (including myself), would you all mind if i took a stab at finishing up the first one i had? or would it be better to maybe come up with something completely new?

She

finish the first one... even if only for yourself if no-one else....

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:47 am

Doc Bob wrote:
SheChameleon wrote:since the revised design i've come up with is not favored by most (including myself), would you all mind if i took a stab at finishing up the first one i had? or would it be better to maybe come up with something completely new?

She

finish the first one... even if only for yourself if no-one else....

... I had a little play with SheCameleon's sterling work - looks pretty good in colour ...

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh314/Beowulf-Pebble/logo2a.jpg

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Beowulf wrote:... I had a little play with SheCameleon's sterling work - looks pretty good in colour ...

wow, i gotta admit it - the color does it a fine justice. nice work beowulf :'(

She

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:10 pm

SheChameleon wrote:
Beowulf wrote:... I had a little play with SheCameleon's sterling work - looks pretty good in colour ...

wow, i gotta admit it - the color does it a fine justice. nice work beowulf :'(

She

... one does one's best!

I'm going to have a play around with it in Corel Xara if that's ok with you? a few 'tweaks' might make it grander still!

(you know, copyright and intellectual rights etc, guess I should have asked you before I digitised it!)

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:11 pm

Beowulf wrote:... one does one's best!

I'm going to have a play around with it in Corel Xara if that's ok with you? a few 'tweaks' might make it grander still!

(you know, copyright and intellectual rights etc, guess I should have asked you before I digitised it!)

lol - yeah that's right, got a lawsuit comin right up your alley there fella!! it's the way of life over here, you know! naw naw just bustin your chops ;D ;D (although, sadly, it really is the way of life here)

i have no idea what corel xara is, but be my guest. i'm liking the scheme you did there - good on ya! i very very rarely work with color, so feel free to play away. i'm not bothered in the least, i really hope you don't think i'm that kind of person :-[! i've been pleading for suggestions & criticisms so i'm quite happy you've taken an interest. go on, i encourage it ;)!

She

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:11 pm

SheChameleon wrote:
Beowulf wrote:... one does one's best!

lol - yeah that's right, got a lawsuit comin right up your alley there fella!! it's the way of life over here, you know! naw naw just bustin your chops ;D ;D (although, sadly, it really is the way of life here)

i have no idea what corel xara is, but be my guest. i'm liking the scheme you did there - good on ya! i very very rarely work with color, so feel free to play away. i'm not bothered in the least, i really hope you don't think i'm that kind of person :-[! i've been pleading for suggestions & criticisms so i'm quite happy you've taken an interest. go on, i encourage it ;)!

She

Re Corel Xara; I prefer working in vector graphics rather than raster so I use Xara, which was a simplified version of part of the monolithic memory hungry Corel Draw suite of graphics software that gives most home PCs an instant hernia merely by installing it (let alone actually using it). Now no longer part of Corel it can be found at www.xara.com/ - there is a free trial version to play with and it has enough features to quickly produce reasonable standard graphics even for a beginner.
Next

Full Version