Talk about Fish-related artwork, and show us your drawings and tattoos

The Union Logo

Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Beowulf wrote:Re Corel Xara; I prefer working in vector graphics rather than raster so I use Xara, which was a simplified version of part of the monolithic memory hungry Corel Draw suite of graphics software that gives most home PCs an instant hernia merely by installing it (let alone actually using it). Now no longer part of Corel it can be found at www.xara.com/ - there is a free trial version to play with and it has enough features to quickly produce reasonable standard graphics even for a beginner.

hang on, let me uncross my eyeballs...that's better. whew! i'm computer graphics challenged so it's all greek to me. i shall not conform! drawing pad + selection of sketch pencils = happy shechameleon ;D.

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 am

Beowulf wrote:
SheChameleon wrote:
lol - yeah that's right, got a lawsuit comin right up your alley there fella!! it's the way of life over here, you know! naw naw just bustin your chops ;D ;D (although, sadly, it really is the way of life here)

i have no idea what corel xara is, but be my guest. i'm liking the scheme you did there - good on ya! i very very rarely work with color, so feel free to play away. i'm not bothered in the least, i really hope you don't think i'm that kind of person :-[! i've been pleading for suggestions & criticisms so i'm quite happy you've taken an interest. go on, i encourage it ;)!

She

Re Corel Xara; I prefer working in vector graphics rather than raster so I use Xara, which was a simplified version of part of the monolithic memory hungry Corel Draw suite of graphics software that gives most home PCs an instant hernia merely by installing it (let alone actually using it). Now no longer part of Corel it can be found at www.xara.com/ - there is a free trial version to play with and it has enough features to quickly produce reasonable standard graphics even for a beginner.

I haven't had that problem with Corel Draw and I was thinking of doing the same thing. However the best thing to do is setup a TT font from the design.

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:06 am

dafyid wrote:
Beowulf wrote:

Re Corel Xara; I prefer working in vector graphics rather than raster so I use Xara, which was a simplified version of part of the monolithic memory hungry Corel Draw suite of graphics software that gives most home PCs an instant hernia merely by installing it (let alone actually using it). Now no longer part of Corel it can be found at www.xara.com/ - there is a free trial version to play with and it has enough features to quickly produce reasonable standard graphics even for a beginner.

I haven't had that problem with Corel Draw and I was thinking of doing the same thing. However the best thing to do is setup a TT font from the design.

Er, actually that's a really good idea, a Fishy True type font based on the current logo font style ... any volunteers?

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:53 am

Beowulf wrote:
dafyid wrote:

Er, actually that's a really good idea, a Fishy True type font based on the current logo font style ... any volunteers?

out of curiousity, what on earth are you talking about? i'm clueless when it comes to computer graphics, but interested in what's going on :)!

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 pm

SheChameleon wrote:
Beowulf wrote:

out of curiousity, what on earth are you talking about? i'm clueless when it comes to computer graphics, but interested in what's going on :)!

I'm assuming you know what a font is? Read about True Type fonts at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Type_Font

We're suggesting that the stylised letters use in the Fish logo and adapted by you for use in The Union logo might make a good new font. Well, that was what I was suggesting anyway!

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:09 pm

Beowulf wrote:I'm assuming you know what a font is? Read about True Type fonts at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Type_Font

We're suggesting that the stylised letters use in the Fish logo and adapted by you for use in The Union logo might make a good new font. Well, that was what I was suggesting anyway!

i guess i did make that query a bit too vague! just interested in what your take was going to be in applying something like that was all.

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Beowulf wrote:
dafyid wrote:

There is probably a fullish set in the public domain already with the various, company and name things that have been done

The Union Logo

Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:30 pm

Beowulf wrote:
dafyid wrote:

I am willing to try I used to design fonts for the Centronics Data Computer Corp. They made printers.

The Union Logo

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:00 am

just been given some t-shirts from a friend who did soem embroidery on them as an experiement to learn their new embroidery machine....

The Union Logo

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:52 am

Doc Bob wrote:just been given some t-shirts from a friend who did soem embroidery on them as an experiement to learn their new embroidery machine....

Nice, Still prefer the 'Tosh' shirts though :)
Next

Full Version