Talk about Fish-related artwork, and show us your drawings and tattoos

Re: Mark Wilkinson - Shadowplay

Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:35 pm

That's the general Idea Chris :)

Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:49 am

Tosh, thanks for the info, I will be pre-ordering......is their any info available on what the 3 prints will be ?

Thanks,

Gary :)

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for posting the details on that, tosh. I'm definitely putting my order in for the special edition! 8-)

Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:08 am

Hullo all - sorry - not very active on forums - I drift in and out every so often - 'lurkin' - like Gollum - just too busy designing my book atm "A Brief History of Chopping Boards" :)
That and trying to fit other stuff in - but I'm grateful to be busy in these troubling times. If the swine flu don't getcha - then the economy will!
Thanks for support - as always, it keeps me going - hope to catch up with you at convention.
Someone asked what the three A4 Giclee prints would be if Black Box was ordered before convention. I had to make them previously unavailable - so decided on the Shadowplay front cover...which is Torch as he arrives for 'work' one night before entering the Baker's Arms to be that silver haired spirit guide we all know and love. The second image will be Paolo and Francesca - which is my latest painting - done for the Dante Divine Comedy exhibition - and the third 'bonus' print - will be something related to 'The Company' with a little extra - as a celebration and thank you to Company members past and present. I have just sent - well actually I'm on my way to Post Office now - three prints, and three certificates of authenticity out to Claus - my publisher in Denmark. He is going to get a sample made up of the Black Box - before the convention. So you can get a 'feel' for what it will look like. It may not have the black cloth on the box - tho' I've asked for some fabric so I could mebbe glue it on...but it will be a dummy book, the slipcase box - and the wallet containing 3 prints. We have to get this weighed too - it was touch and go the other day when I guestimated the weight of book/contents and box/packaging and it came to over 2KG which is a disaster for postage prices...once you go over 2KG the price shoots up dramatically esp for overseas...to US if over that magic no. of 2KG it would not be far off the cost of the hardback book just to send :evil: :(

All for now - Mark

Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:52 am

Paulo and Francesca

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Thats Impressive !.......thanks for posting Mo !

:)

Re: Mark Wilkinson - Shadowplay Update

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Just a quick update from the magic of Shadowplay...

There is now a dedicated page for Shadowplay which includes previews of 30(!) of the page spreads.

Point your browser at
http://www.the-masque.com/shadowplay
and be illuminated!

Delivery must be pretty imminent at Mark has had advance copies and I'm sure he wont mind me sharing what he said about them in an email:

"Just received some advance copies of the hardback book - christ it
looks fantastic - the colours are so vibrant - it looks like my work
has been re-mastered;) There is no comparison with this and Masque -
the paper is thicker, the images clearer and more colourful..."

So, if you haven't ordered yet now would be an ideal time, remember :idee: it would make a lovely Christmas present too :clapping:

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:45 pm

Wow !!!! Looks stunning Tosh, can't wait to get my paws on that :-)

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 am

Thanaks Tosh, it looks fantastic !, can't wait ....

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:44 am

Thanaks Tosh, it looks fantastic !, can't wait ....

Next

Full Version