Talk about Fish-related artwork, and show us your drawings and tattoos

Re: Mark Wilkinson - Shadowplay

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:04 am

Cheers Tosh, looks absolutly fantastic, i'll have to have a word with Mrs chocofrog and tell her to put it on my Xmas list. :D

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 am

Very cool, thanks tosh!

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:46 pm

:ok:

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:51 pm

On his Facebook Page, Mark states that he hopes to start sending them out around 23 November !

:)

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:56 pm

The books arrived today - 19th...I have to get a drawing sent off to Classic Rock tomorrow - so they know I'm on the case with that magazine cover - then get the books signed and sorted thru all the weekend. The slipcases come in a few more days - expecting delivery Monday...slight delay due to that cloth shortage issue (see below) - then have to package, organise courier - I have signed up with Interlink Express - which means the US orders will go to one address, then be sent internal mail, to save time. The UK Black Box orders go with next day courier, the hardbacks first class mail. The EU orders go mail system...gawd - it's a logistics 'challenge' all round I can tell ya. However - I'm confident everyone who pre-ordered will get the books very very soon :D Sorry for delays - was really unforseen...a world wide shortage of black cloth for books due to all the bookbinders in Europe using up all of their old stock fearing a long recession...then when the upturn came (in mainland Europe at least - not here of course) they all ordered at once causing a worldwide shortage as the suppliers struggled to keep up with a surge in demand!

While I was unpacking (my friendly printer man is storing the books for me) a friend of mine who runs an 'interiors' shop in the village invited me to take part in an open day there with various painters, crafts people etc...to sign books etc...so anyone in the Nayland/Suffolk area on Saturday 21st can come and get a book at Josephines :D I'll only be there in the morning however - as I have too much to do back at home...

On the upside - the book looks fantastic - I'm knocked out with the printing, the binding, the paper quality - it really is better than I ever dreamed of!

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:39 am

check out Mark's Facebook page, there are pix of him taking delivery of the books yesterday !

:)

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 pm

got the book a couple of days ago . i must say it is amazing . i love just flicking through it and seeing not only the art work i am familiar with being a fish and marillion fan but to see the other work mark has done that i am not so familar with . thank to all who made the project possible .

Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Mine has arrived! Just in time for Sinterklaas (santa claus) so He can give it to me on the 5th of December.
Had a quick browse. It looks abslotutely amazing. I will happily spend many hours in the dark of winter perusing this book.

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:19 pm

ARRIVED TODAAAY! :jester:

Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Yeah my better half has just let it slip thay she's ordered me a copy for Crimbo and that it's the limited edition copy as well. :D :D :D
Next

Full Version