Talk about Fish-related artwork, and show us your drawings and tattoos

Mark Wilkinson's shadowplay Shipping update

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Mark Wilkinson's long anticipated art book 'Shadowplay' will be ready to ship in a week's time.
You can see some sample pages here
http://www.the-masque.com/shadowplay
So if anyone is thinking of a special Christmas present this year...with his artwork for Fish and Marillion playing a major part - please contact him at mark@masque-studio.com
The book also features the best of his artwork over a thirty year career for bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The Darkness, Bon Jovi and many other bands, as well as art for the Judge Dredd comic and designs for the Red Dwarf TV series.

Re: Mark Wilkinson's shadowplay Shipping update

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Stop teasing us Tosh, I want mine NOW !!!!!

Re: Mark Wilkinson's Shadowplay shipping update

Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Christmas has come early!
My copy arrived this morning and all I can say is... WOW! I've only skimmed the surface so far, there's lots of info as well as tons of art to goggle at so I'll be settling down after work (with a magnifying glass - I love the detail!) for a good long read.
The paper quality is also superb, the publisher has done a great job.
One thing I noticed straight away is that there isn't too much cross-over between Shadowplay and the Masque book. Obviously Shadowplay contains some of the same artwork but if anyone decided not to buy this book because they already have Masque... think again!

Re: Mark Wilkinson's Shadowplay shipping update

Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Rainbow wrote:Christmas has come early!
My copy arrived this morning and all I can say is... WOW! I've only skimmed the surface so far, there's lots of info as well as tons of art to goggle at so I'll be settling down after work (with a magnifying glass - I love the detail!) for a good long read.
The paper quality is also superb, the publisher has done a great job.
One thing I noticed straight away is that there isn't too much cross-over between Shadowplay and the Masque book. Obviously Shadowplay contains some of the same artwork but if anyone decided not to buy this book because they already have Masque... think again!

So jealous i have to wait until christmas day for my copy. :(

Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Christmas has come early for me as well.....! The book was waiting for me when I arrived home from work and have had a chance to have flick through......it looks fantastic and the quality is superb.

As Mo say's , if people who who have 'The Masque' decided not to get this book as they may have thought it would be straight repetition then do yourself a favour, contact Mark ASAP and order a copy......quick !

:)

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:01 am

I really hate being on this side of the pond right now... :(

Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:35 pm

I was home when mine was delivered. It is choc full of brilliant artwork & little bits of info from Mark. Worth every penny & signed as well. Great stuff. :D

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Still waiting on mine. Did the people who have received their books order the normal hardback or the limited edition ? Just wondering if one is shipping before the other.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:42 pm

stevee1966 wrote:Still waiting on mine. Did the people who have received their books order the normal hardback or the limited edition ? Just wondering if one is shipping before the other.

Normal hardback......think I have read that the special editions are going out at the beginning of next week ?

:)

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:13 pm

The folios for the prints had to be remade, I think Mark was hoping to ship them before the end of the week.

Full Version