Tony Turrell

Info and discussion about musicians that Fish has worked with

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:49 pm

Despite being at home and not out on the road, TT still has not had time to put fingers to this kind of keyboard and update you on his comings and goings, so it's me again.

So, where did we get to? Ah yes, the studio had been built and was up and ready for action………. Well, it has been very well used over the past 8 months with Tony working on another Piano album, more of the TT project work and also a private commission re-working an existing album and sprinkling the TT magic over it. These albums will hopefully be finished by the end of the year, but with most weekends now booked until January '08, maybe not!

He has also recorded an album with Songs from the Blue House called Tree and August saw the launch of the album. Check out their website or myspace, they are really good and the album is a regular in my car stereo.
www.myspace.com/songsfromthebluehouse

Work has continued with the Function Band, Frisky and TT has been suited and booted for many a wedding this year. They will once again be resident band at Ipswich Town Football Club for this years festive season.

Work with the Prince tribute band Purple Rain has been flowing in and with a trip to New York planned with them next year, things are getting busy there too.
www.myspace.com/jimilovefunk

July saw the return of Ipswich Music Day and TT only did 2 stages this year, but he finished on one at 4.45pm and started on the next one at 5.00pm. So it was with much amusement we saw him 'running' through the park and a little less amusement when he told me I would have to set up kit on the second stage! Thankfully, when he arrived the stage was running late and he had chance to catch his breath and I was saved the set up :)

Tony also launched his teaching career this summer, when he was one of the tutors at a Summer Rock school. 4 days working with youngsters from 6 years to 15 years, some with no previous musical knowledge or experience, gave him an insight into music he had not seen before. :) He was brilliant and a huge hit with the youngsters. The week ended with a 'gig' for parents that many a pro musician would have been proud of.

And here we are in September and he has been busy with another project altogether. We became the proud owners of a Great Dane pup, who is nearly 10 weeks old now and so TT has been learning how to train a dog too.

So, all in all a busy, but very enjoyable, few months.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support.

Diane & Tony T
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Given: 7 thanks
Received: 11 thanks

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:57 pm

The best news about this News is that two Albums will come out at the end of the year :'(
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:25 pm

The new project name of "TT", of which this promo cd single is the first release, sees Tony moving further along the lines he originally began to explore in the Marillion Memory Of Water 'Big Beat' remix and Plague of Ghosts. For anyone not aware of these, Tony is stubbornly referring to this music as 'Urban Progressive Dance', and daring people to come up with a better classification.

Ripples (Edit)
No More
Ripples (Full Version)

Mix Genesis and Floyd with The Chemical Brothers or the Propellorheads and you might be somewhere close... Also featuring artwork by Mark Wilkinson.

Available as before for £4.00 plus £1.00 p&p in the UK, €10.00 all inclusive on the mainland
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:05 pm

March 2008

It has been some time since the last update on TT, but this does not mean he has been completely idle. (Almost, but not completely .. )

The end of 2007 was very busy, with bookings for the Function band Frisky, lots of Christmas Parties and the residency at Ipswich Town Football Club for the second year running, culminating in the Ipswich Town Staff Party, with much fun and hilarity.

2008 does not look like being a quiet year on the music front! TT got a drum kit for Christmas (I must be mad) and he has spent many happy hours re-discovering his love of drumming. He is however sticking with the keyboard for gigging

After many months of rehearsals with a very talented female vocalist, TT is looking forward to many duo gigs over the coming year.

Work with Purple Rain, the Prince Tribute Band is going from strength to strength and the band is booked to play at Butlins for several weekends during 2008. As well as this, they are travelling around the country making a name for themselves on the tribute band circuit. If you like the music of the diminutive purple funkster, then they are definitely worth seeing. In fact, if you are a fan of live music, played extremely well, they are worth seeing. Several non-believers have been converted after being convinced to attend a gig. www.myspace.com/jimilovefunk

Songs from the Blue House are releasing ’Don’t Fear the Reaper’ as a single in May, with a launch gig on the 23rd May at The High Barn, Great Bardfield. An excellent twist on a rock classic! www.myspace.com/songsfromthebluehouse

Tony is also working with Nick Zala, an amazing pedal steel player on a couple of projects (more information to follow) www.pedal-steel.co.uk

Tony’s dog training skills are coming along well and our tiny puppy is now HUGE and a bundle of complete madness, but keeps us smiling and active.

Tony will once again be turning his hand to teaching over the coming year, with another Rock School during the School Summer Holidays.

As well as all this, work continues on his many solo projects.

So, if you fancy catching up with TT, check out his MySpace and the MySpace pages of the many projects he is involved in, to see what he is up to and when.

I will make no promises of more regular updates, as we are both proving to be really rubbish on this front and therefore I will do what I can, when I can, to keep everyone informed of goings on.
D & TT
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:33 am

Good to see Tony Busy, I will go and see him soon :-/
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Tony Turrell

Postby scoobydoo on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:18 pm

Heavens Mick, u might want to see someone about your wee problem of talking to yourself in here!! ;-)
scoobydoo

The Rookie
The Rookie

Given: 0 thanks
Received: 0 thanks

Tony Turrell

Postby mick on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:00 am

scoobydoo wrote:Heavens Mick, u might want to see someone about your wee problem of talking to yourself in here!! ;-)

I just pass on any news what TT is doing :-/ ;D :'(
Fish is for life!
mick

Dear Friend
Dear Friend

Return to Fish's band members