Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Info and discussion about musicians that Fish has worked with

Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby john6t6 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:20 pm

I'm a big fan of the Fish era Marillion but I don't follow the forums too much, I have obviously heard of Roger Waters he actually did a tour through here (Canada) last year which was great but yeah I will explore the others you mentioned. It's always good to discover some new bands/music.

peace
john6t6
User avatar
Location: Canada

Zoe 25
Zoe 25
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:44 pm
Given: 0 thanks
Received: 2 thanks

Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby Beowulf on Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:23 pm

john6t6 wrote:I'm a big fan of the Fish era Marillion but I don't follow the forums too much, I have obviously heard of Roger Waters he actually did a tour through here (Canada) last year which was great but yeah I will explore the others you mentioned. It's always good to discover some new bands/music.

peace


I'll send you some suitable links to websites/music etc by PM
Prog is not dead ... it lives at www.thedividingline.com
Beowulf
User avatar

Market Square Hero
Market Square Hero
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:46 am
Given: 0 thanks
Received: 5 thanks

Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby john6t6 on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:10 pm

peace[/quote]

I'll send you some suitable links to websites/music etc by PM
[/quote]

Sounds good, thank you.
john6t6
User avatar
Location: Canada

Zoe 25
Zoe 25
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:44 pm
Given: 0 thanks
Received: 2 thanks

Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby eightysix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:15 pm

I´ll give two line ups - one made out of musician who already played with Fish, second one will contain my all-time faves

Fish - vocals (of course...)

Mickey Simmonds - Keys
John Wesley - Guitars
Steven Wilson - Guitars
Steve Vantsis - Bass
Mark Brzezicki - Drums

Second line up:

Fish - vocals (of course...)

Keith Emerson - Keys (The Keith Emerson Band, ELP, Nice)
Radim Hladik - Guitars (The Blue Effect...btw.anyone here ever heard of this excellent Czech art-rock guitar virtuoso?)
Steve Howe - Guitars (Yes, Asia)
Mike Rutherford - Bass (Genesis, Mike and the Mechanics)
Carl Palmer - drums (The Carl Palmer Band, ELP, Asia)

However I can´t imagine Emerson sticking to the keyboard parts in regular Fish songs...
Last edited by eightysix on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eightysix
User avatar
Location: Czech Republic

Voice in the crowd
Voice in the crowd
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 pm
Given: 0 thanks
Received: 0 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby arcademannequin on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:46 am

I'd personally love to see Robin Boult back in the fold. - Frank is obviously a great guitarist and very highly thought of, but i've always loved Boult's style and sound. - For me, the best band line-up was the one that featured on the Sunsets tour.
There's Klingons on the starboard bow Jim! :shock:
arcademannequin
User avatar
Paul
Boy or Girl: Boy
Location: Warrington, UK

Chasing the Clouds Home
Chasing the Clouds Home
 
Posts: 19581
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:29 pm
Given: 2814 thanks
Received: 2471 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby tosh on Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:33 pm

arcademannequin wrote:I'd personally love to see Robin Boult back in the fold. - Frank is obviously a great guitarist and very highly thought of, but i've always loved Boult's style and sound. - For me, the best band line-up was the one that featured on the Sunsets tour.


Which part? There were at least 3 different line-ups on that tour :)
An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind
tosh
User avatar
Boy or Girl: Boy
Location: the verge of indecision

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 2675
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:44 pm
Given: 137 thanks
Received: 275 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby Conan on Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:06 pm

arenaanimal wrote:I never understood why Mick Pointer had to leave for Ian Mosley, because Script for a jesters tear is a great album, with good drumwork


There you go Rich - we stand corrected!! ;)
One side had lost but who had won?
Conan
User avatar
Geoff
Boy or Girl: Boy
Location: The Toon

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13118
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:32 pm
Given: 1697 thanks
Received: 1533 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby Teddynonose on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Conan wrote:
arenaanimal wrote:I never understood why Mick Pointer had to leave for Ian Mosley, because Script for a jesters tear is a great album, with good drumwork


There you go Rich - we stand corrected!! ;)


Ah. What do you know
Our favourite percussion experts have infiltrated this thread as well. :evil:
My soul a glacier, I move alone
Teddynonose
User avatar
Andy
Boy or Girl: Boy
Location: Totternhoe, Bedfordshire - at the bottom of Dunstable Downs

Sugar Mouse in the Rain
Sugar Mouse in the Rain
 
Posts: 14251
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 pm
Given: 1260 thanks
Received: 1245 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby Rich1 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:49 am

Teddynonose wrote:
Conan wrote:
arenaanimal wrote:I never understood why Mick Pointer had to leave for Ian Mosley, because Script for a jesters tear is a great album, with good drumwork


There you go Rich - we stand corrected!! ;)


Ah. What do you know
Our favourite percussion experts have infiltrated this thread as well. :evil:


Yes....but don't forget that "arenaanimal" is Mick Pointer's forum name ;)
If love is blind then I will never see again
Rich1
User avatar
Rich
Location: Lincoln, The Shires

Citizen of Legoland
Citizen of Legoland
 
Posts: 6835
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm
Given: 333 thanks
Received: 325 thanks

Re: Who would be your dream line up for the band?

Postby Teddynonose on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 am

Rich1 wrote:
Yes....but don't forget that "arenaanimal" is Mick Pointer's forum name ;)


If it is then you and your Geordie accomplice may need to go into hiding :evil:
My soul a glacier, I move alone
Teddynonose
User avatar
Andy
Boy or Girl: Boy
Location: Totternhoe, Bedfordshire - at the bottom of Dunstable Downs

Sugar Mouse in the Rain
Sugar Mouse in the Rain
 
Posts: 14251
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 pm
Given: 1260 thanks
Received: 1245 thanks

PreviousNext

Return to Fish's band members

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests